Public Relations Manager
San Francisco, CA
Policy & Communications
Eaze is the leading cannabis technology company. Our mission is to improve lives by providing safe and reliable access to high-quality cannabis products with the utmost convenience.
We’re looking for a PR Manager to assist in the planning, execution, and optimization of Eaze’s consumer communication program. You will primarily support the PR program as well as work on consumer content development and customer education. You’ll play a large role in helping take cannabis from subculture to the mainstream. The ideal candidate should have some public relations experience, whether in-house or in an agency setting, and be eager to learn and grow their skill set in this hands-on role that will truly impact the business. We’re looking for someone with a passion for PR and content marketing, excellent analytical and organizational skills, and a strong interest in communications.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Work closely with the Director of Consumer Communications to coordinate on media outreach and strategy (messaging, goals, timing, and targets) for Eaze and it’s brand partners.
- Draft materials including pitches, talking points, and press releases.
- Help amplify Eaze social impact programs throughout the cannabis community and press.
- Support in PR events, media dinners and influencer campaigns.
- Collaborate with internal and external partners for any additional PR assets, including our PR agency, analytics team, graphic designers, etc.
- Analyze media coverage and PR campaign performance for company-wide reporting and increased awareness.
- General support with educational content, PR stunts, press focused events and traditional PR
What We’re Looking For
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a knack for creative writing and storytelling
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks on deadline
- Quick and resourceful, flexible, accurate, strong analytical and an eye for detail
- 3-5 years in PR or marketing communications. Experience drafting strategic media lists and pitches, organizing events and manager vendors, media outreach and correspondence, and briefing documents for press interviews.
- Proactive, sense of responsibility and can work independently
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced team environment while maintaining a positive attitude, sense of humor, and desire to learn
- College graduate with a degree in communications, public relations, marketing, journalism, English, or business
Eaze, a cannabis marketplace, is on a mission to enhance safe access to legal cannabis, educate people about cannabis as a tool for wellness, and drive smart cannabis policies. We work to achieve this by connecting adult consumers with licensed dispensaries and products; programs to help consumers make informed choices, and sharing market insights with industry partners, regulators, and the public through its Eaze Insights program. Learn more at www.eaze.com.
We strive to be an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourage people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Eaze does not discriminate by race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.