Head of Analytics
San Francisco, CA
The Analytics team is looking for an experienced leader to build and scale our Analytics organization. You’ll focus on multiple aspects of the business to help set the vision for what we build at Eaze. You’ll define the roadmap, set metrics, improve the product, retention and quantify as well as surface opportunities for us to improve. You’ll also be able to build your own team with some of the best analytics and data science talent in the market, who want to tackle challenging technical problems in unique on-demand space.
The ideal candidate has experience leading analytics teams, working with complex data, building modern architectures, and data-driven decision making. You will be a great fit if you have previously led strong analytics teams and cultures, have created a vision for a data science architecture, and have demonstrated success business impact.
The role is based in San Francisco, CA.
- Recruit and lead a high-performing team of analysts and data scientists
- Work with your team to develop the models that drive the success of our business and the reporting infrastructure of the company
- Use quantitative analysis and the presentation of data to see beyond the numbers and understand what drives our business
- Partner with business and product leaders to improve our product and customer experience and prioritize projects for impact
- Represent the analytics team in key meetings and business reviews with our leadership team
- Help the team use data science methods to generate and test hypotheses, which include: performing analytical deep-dives to identify problems; opportunities and actions required; collecting, processing, cleaning, and storing data from disparate sources using SQL, R, Python, or other scripting and statistical tools; automate and improve the logistics of our business using model; manage the design, execution, and analysis of A/B or multivariate testing programs; drive a rigorous testing culture through across product and operations teams
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 8+ years of analytics / data science experience or equivalent; 4+ years of experience managing and scaling high growth analytics / data science teams
- Has managed an organization of 6 or more people, has experience managing managers
- Skilled at running cross-functional relationships and communicating with leadership across multiple organizations
- An ability to write very complex SQL queries. ETL experience a plus
- A deep understanding of statistical analysis (e.g. hypothesis testing, experimentation, regressions) and familiarity with statistical packages, such as R or Python
- Proficiency in one or more analytics & visualization tools (e.g. Chartio, Mode)
- Inspiring leader with a driven, results-focused attitude
- Strong analyst who is attentive to detail and sets a high bar for work produced by the team
- Ability to work in a dynamic, challenging environment where decisions you make will have a large impact
- Strategic problem solver who simplifies problems to their core elements and finds creative solutions
- Get-it-done mindset. You’re not afraid of long hours, able to handle stress well, humble and scrappy!
- B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. in economics, applied math, statistics, physics, engineering or other quantitative fields
Eaze, a cannabis marketplace, is on a mission to enhance safe access to legal cannabis, educate people about cannabis as a tool for wellness, and drive smart cannabis policies. We work to achieve this by connecting adult consumers with licensed dispensaries and products; programs to help consumers make informed choices, and sharing market insights with industry partners, regulators, and the public through its Eaze Insights program. Learn more at www.eaze.com.
We strive to be an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourage people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Eaze does not discriminate by race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.