Head of People
San Francisco, CA
The Head of People will be a critical member of our team reporting directly to the Chief Risk Officer. We're seeking a strategic leader who has fostered the rapid growth of a technology company in the past and can enable Eaze to continue to scale. This is a tremendous opportunity for a strategic leader to build out a human resources function and to create a reliable, sustainable business in a very dynamic market.
The Head of People will look beyond the administrative aspects of HR, and truly impact, extend, and expand the culture of a rapidly growing, exciting organization. He or she will partner with leaders across the organization as they continue to build high performing teams, and create an overarching people strategy for Eaze, with a particular focus on talent acquisition and culture.
In summary, we are seeking an experienced, strong, collaborative leader, with integrity who can work effectively with the executive team to establish a top human capital capability and create an inclusive, dynamic culture dedicated to talent development, innovation and collaboration.
- Work closely as a partner to the executive team to create a robust Human Resources strategy to support future company growth and shape its culture
- Instill in the company an inclusive culture that is welcoming of diversity and new perspectives
- Promote effective communication and education strategies with management and employees regarding all elements of the company's business and people strategies
- Promote company culture, work-life effectiveness, and wellness all in an effort to enhance the Eaze career brand
- Drive a consistent and positive company culture across all Eaze offices
- Build/lead recruiting processes throughout the organization to support significant, continued growth
- Ensure that Eaze has the requisite systems in place to support recruiting and talent management
- Design organizational structures to support scale/growth
- Lead the design, development, and implementation of talent and leadership development programs to support the identification and nurturing of high-impact, top talent
- Collaborate with and coach leaders on performance management, aligned with compensation/recognition programs
- Demonstrated success in building and managing a Human Resources function in a high-growth technology company
- Experience with both the creation of people strategy and its tactical execution
- Proven ability to identify business needs and cultivate a corporate culture that aligns with the business strategy to exceed company objectives while promoting a fun, inclusive, performance-driven environment
- Extraordinary consulting, coaching, and facilitation abilities
- A demonstrated understanding of cultures, legal issues, labor laws and managing people issues and dynamics across a complex, multi-site business
- Understanding of high-growth environments and prior demonstrated experience supporting a rapidly scaling organization
- Experience working within an investor-backed company, working with investors, presenting to the board, etc. is helpful
- Experience and knowledge of the most effective and cutting edge HR and recruiting technologies and practices
- Experience working for a company that is in a highly regulated industry would be ideal
- BS/BA required, MBA a plus
Our Ideal Candidate:
- A visible and collaborative leader with the ability to innovate, inspire, challenge, and motivate others to achieve challenging objectives.
- Ability to observe, assess, recommend, and execute after considering input from a wide range of constituents
- Willing to make the tough decisions and support those decisions with data – a metric-driven approach
- Consistently seeks top talent and has the aptitude, style, and mentoring approach to retain and grow A+ players
- Personable, outgoing – adept at building trust and strong relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
- Integrity, credibility, and a commitment to making the company successful
Eaze, a cannabis marketplace, is on a mission to enhance safe access to legal cannabis, educate people about cannabis as a tool for wellness, and drive smart cannabis policies. We work to achieve this by connecting adult consumers with licensed dispensaries and products; programs to help consumers make informed choices, and sharing market insights with industry partners, regulators, and the public through its Eaze Insights program. Learn more at www.eaze.com.
We strive to be an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourage people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Eaze does not discriminate by race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.