San Francisco, CA
We’re looking for a motivated data engineer to join our team at Eaze. You’ll be working on a highly-impactful data platform driving our supply-and-demand business decisions every sub-second and helping us build a long-term scalable system that will consistently deliver an awesome experience for our end-users.
At Eaze, engineers enjoy tremendous ownership in their work and work cross-functionally with product stakeholders to ensure the biggest possible impact on our business. The team is still small, which will give you the opportunity to grow very quickly while working at Eaze.
- Design, build, and support data-centric services including but not limited to event streaming, ETL pipelines, distributed data storage, and real-time data processing.
- Work on high impact projects that optimize data availability and quality, and provide reliable access to data across the company.
- Collaborate with partner teams to understand their business contexts and analytical challenges, and to transform and sprinkle data-driven fairy dust on their products.
- Develop machine-learning software using analytical data models that can generalize across hundreds of thousands of Eaze customers, but can automatically adapt to each of their individual features.
- Communicate strategies and processes around data modeling and architecture to multi-functional groups.
- Work with fellow engineers to build out other parts of the data infrastructure, effectively communicating your needs and understanding theirs.
Specific skills and experience
- Exceptional coding and design skills, particularly in Java/Scala or Python.
- Strong grasp of ORM, databases, SQL, and ETL processes.
- Extensive previous experience of working with large data volumes, including processing, transforming and transporting large-scale datasets for analytics and business purposes.
- Hands-on experience with AWS like EC2, RDS, S3, Redshift, SNS, SQS, etc.
- BS in Computer Science / Software Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Great communication and collaboration skills.
- Strong understanding & usage of algorithms and data structures.
- Knowledge of NoSQL technologies like Apache Cassandra, Apache Spark (including PySpark), Spark Streaming, Hive Metastore, etc.
- Experience with event-driven, asynchronous, distributed systems.
- Understanding of RESTful APIs and service-oriented architecture.
- Machine Learning expertise.
Eaze, a cannabis marketplace, is on a mission to enhance safe access to legal cannabis, educate people about cannabis as a tool for wellness, and drive smart cannabis policies. We work to achieve this by connecting adult consumers with licensed dispensaries and products; programs to help consumers make informed choices, and sharing market insights with industry partners, regulators, and the public through its Eaze Insights program. Learn more at www.eaze.com.
We strive to be an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourage people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Eaze does not discriminate by race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.