Native Android and React Native Software Engineer
San Francisco, CA
As a Mobile Engineer at Eaze, you will be managing our native Android consumer-facing app and our React Native Driver app which routes hundreds of drivers to 100,000+ deliveries through the Eaze platform every month. We have a small mobile team that works with Product and Design to build new features, optimize existing builds, and develop our Driver app to accommodate quickly changing business needs. We are looking for nimble, autonomous and curious engineers to help improve our apps and respond to the ever-changing regulatory landscape of our industry.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Developing our React Native Driver app and our Android consumer app
- Working with Product Managers and Designers to conceptualize new features
- Working on cross-functional teams to build new features for our large-and-growing user base
- Helping our support team troubleshoot production issues
What We're Looking For:
- Proficiency with Android native development
- Proficiency with React Native or a willingness to learn
- Experience with concurrency and long-running background processes
- Exposure to mobile architectural patterns (MVP, MCCM, VIPER, React/Redux, etc)
- Experience consuming APIs (REST, WebSocket, etc.)
- Strong design sensibilities and product ownership
Nice to Have:
- Experience building and deploying android apps
- Experience with Dagger2, Rx, Room DB, Android archictectural components, and databinding with Kotlin
Eaze, a cannabis marketplace, is on a mission to enhance safe access to legal cannabis, educate people about cannabis as a tool for wellness, and drive smart cannabis policies. We work to achieve this by connecting adult consumers with licensed dispensaries and products; programs to help consumers make informed choices, and sharing market insights with industry partners, regulators, and the public through its Eaze Insights program. Learn more at www.eaze.com.
Eaze Engineering has a friendly, welcoming environment, and a team that cares deeply about diversity and inclusion. We offer competitive salaries and benefits, quality gear, the obligatory snacks — but more importantly, meaningful work, and a sustainable work-life balance. We’re still small and growing, so there’s opportunity to grow with us.
We strive to be an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Eaze does not discriminate by race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.