San Francisco, CA
Do you have a corporate legal background, and want to use that expertise to advise a fast-growing business on emerging legal issues? Are you creative and like to think on your feet? Do you want to shape the future of the cannabis industry? If so, then this role is for you.
Eaze is the leading cannabis technology company, using sophisticated logistics and technology to provide fast delivery of a broad variety of cannabis products.
If you choose to accept this mission, you will work with some of the most innovative legal, growth, marketing, operations, and product teams out there. The Corporate Counsel will be responsible for drafting and negotiating Eaze’s commercial contracts, leading complex corporate and commercial deals, and managing Eaze’s other corporate matters, including employment, IP and corporate governance.
- Lead and support Eaze’s corporate legal activities, including equity financings, M&A, acqui-hires, and strategic partnerships.
- Assist in all other aspects of Eaze’s corporate work, including corporate governance, IP, employment, internal policy and controls, privacy, and data protection.
- Review, draft, negotiate, and interpret a wide range of commercial agreements, including partnership, licensing, vendor, marketing, and consulting agreements, terms of service, NDAs, and more.
- Manage multiple projects effectively and efficiently, with a team-oriented approach.
- Supervise outside counsel and vendors in a variety of corporate projects.
- Provide legal support to and work with internal teams on various legal matters.
Our ideal candidate:
- 4-5 years of relevant corporate and commercial legal experience at a law firm or in-house at a technology company.
- Expertise in leading corporate deals, including equity and debt financings, and mergers and acquisitions.
- Exposure to and/or a strong desire to take on transactional commercial work and broaden that skill set over time.
- J.D. with excellent credentials; Admission to the bar (CA preferred).
- Comfortable making judgment calls, spotting issues and escalating to the team when necessary.
- Outstanding writing, research, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail and the ability to review and draft legal documents.
- Excellent negotiating skills on both financial/commercial and legal issues.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, challenging environment where decisions you make will have a large impact.
- Agility to work cross-functionally to implement legal strategy and solutions.
- Teamwork mentality and enthusiasm to help others.
Eaze, a cannabis marketplace, is on a mission to enhance safe access to legal cannabis, educate people about cannabis as a tool for wellness, and drive smart cannabis policies. We work to achieve this by connecting adult consumers with licensed dispensaries and products; programs to help consumers make informed choices, and sharing market insights with industry partners, regulators, and the public through its Eaze Insights program. Learn more at www.eaze.com.
We strive to be an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourage people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Eaze does not discriminate by race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.