Los Angeles, California /
Who We Are
Stachs LLC is a subsidiary of Eaze Technologies and supports the operations of a network of cannabis delivery, manufacturing & distribution facilities. Eaze, our technology arm, uses sophisticated logistics and technology to facilitate access to fast delivery of a broad variety of cannabis products.
The Accounting Manager is responsible for a variety of activities pertaining to Stachs’ accounting cycles, including preparing periodic financial statements and reports, performing month-end & year-end procedures, ensuring local tax compliance and managing relationships with key finance & operational teams to ensure accurate financial transactions. The Accounting Manager is also a key business partner to Operations and must be able to handle the complexity and speed associated with operations and intercompany transactions.
- Plan, implement and oversee overall accounting strategy
- Oversee accounting daily operations
- Take responsibility for accounts payable/receivable, cash receipts, general ledger, payroll and utilities, treasury, budgeting, cash forecasting, revenue and expenditure variance analysis, capital assets reconciliations, trust account statement reconciliations, check runs, fixed asset activity, debt activity etc
- Set up and monitor accounting KPIs
- Regularly produce financial reports or statements
- Adhere to proper accounting methods, policies and principles
- Encourage other employees to adhere to standards
- Recruit, hire and train new employees
- File sales tax returns
- Support tax filings
- Collaborate on system implementations for ERP software.
- 1099 reporting supervision
- Assist with the preparation of the annual budget process, monthly budget variance analysis and monthly financial reports
- Perform and oversee annual audits
- Drive continuous improvement by identifying gaps in processes, preparing recommendations and implementing ways to improve efficiency and spending.
- Hiring, training, and motivating accounting staff members while supervising and delegating department tasks
- Evaluating, developing, and improving department controls, systems, and procedures increase accuracy and efficiency.
- Overseeing the daily activities of the accounting department and ensuring that all major projects, month-end, and year-end reports are completed accurately and on time.
- Ensuring that all accounting processes align with GAAP and current financial legislation.
- Analyzing financial data and creating reports for management, stakeholders, and external parties, such as vendors or lenders.
- Maintaining accurate and complete financial records and participating in audits or reconciliations, as needed.
- Assisting other departments as they develop strategies, establish objectives, and make decisions which could have a financial impact on the business.
- Keeping informed about the latest developments in the finance industry.
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Business Administration, or a related field.
- Minimum of 4+ years of related experience including previous accounting and/or financial experience.
- Professional designation an asset
- Strong business and financial acumen and a willingness to have an impact on the business.
- Experience with a manufacturing environment would be an asset.
- Specific experience with local tax regulations and tax incentives would be an asset.
- Self-starter, driven & focused, strong attention to detail and well organized.
- Systems thinker with demonstrated process improvement skills and knowledge of accounting best practices and standards.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills (written, oral, presentation); communicates in a clear, concise, and organized manner; active listener and listens to others to obtain information.
- Proven experience building strong relationships with others including peers, management, external providers and business partners.
- Has a sense of urgency, demonstrates the ability to manage time and prioritize activities & resources to ensure department standards are met on a consistent basis.
- Team player and understands the importance of being part of a team.
- Advanced level computer skills, including hands-on experience with an accounting software package and an excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
Why you should join
As an organization, we are keenly aware of the injustice of the war on drugs - which for so many years has been used to incarcerate black and latinx people on a massive scale. We are always trying to do our part to support these communities, whether it's through the promotion of social equity brands or funding underrepresented cannabis business founders through our accelerator program.
We strive to be an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourage people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Eaze does not discriminate by race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.