Paralegal / Legal Analyst
San Francisco, CA
Eaze is looking for a paralegal or legal analyst/clerk/assistant to be a part of our first-class legal team and advise a leading cannabis company on emerging legal issues. If you are organized, forward thinking, creative, and have a passion for working in the industry, this job could be for you!
Eaze is the leading cannabis technology company, using sophisticated logistics and technology to provide fast delivery of a broad variety of cannabis products. The legal team leads the way or plays a key role in nearly every initiative the company takes on, and every member of the team plays a key role in shaping the future of the company.
This role is for someone who wants to flex their legal muscles. This is not a task-oriented role but one where you will take ownership of your work. The Paralegal / Legal Analyst will be responsible for managing a litigation docket for Eaze and its affiliates, corporate and commercial contract processes and generally assisting the legal team as needed. This role will report to the Associate General Council.
The successful Paralegal / Legal Analyst will:
Take the lead role, hands-on role in managing the litigation docket for Eaze and its corporate affiliates. This includes drafting legal correspondence, discovery, internal investigations, writing, and anything else you want to explore.
Help Eaze’s commercial team manage and maintain Eaze’s corporate document portfolio, legal entity structure, contracts, and corporate databases. You’ll take a lead role in establishing internal corporate processes and making sure the company hums like a finely-tuned engine.
Draft a variety of corporate documents including intercompany agreements, confidentiality agreements, incorporation documents, shareholder and board resolutions, meeting minutes, officer certificates, powers of attorney and employment/equity documents
Collaborate with outside counsel and legal vendors as needed.
Our Ideal Candidate has:
- 4-7 years of paralegal or other legal assistance experience at a law firm or in-house at a technology company.
- At least 2 years providing litigation support.
- Some corporate and contracts experience.
- A Bachelor’s degree or paralegal certificate.
- Outstanding writing, research, negotiating, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Able to make quick thoughtful decisions on projects that are given with minimal direction
- Comfort making judgment calls in a fast-paced challenging environment where your decisions will have a direct impact on the company.
- A Teamwork mentality and enthusiasm to help others.
- You don’t take yourself too seriously and have a sense of humor and perspective.
- Enthusiasm for working in the cannabis industry.
- This role requires passion for solving unique and challenging situations
Eaze, a cannabis marketplace, is on a mission to enhance safe access to legal cannabis, educate people about cannabis as a tool for wellness, and drive smart cannabis policies. We work to achieve this by connecting adult consumers with licensed dispensaries and products; programs to help consumers make informed choices, and sharing market insights with industry partners, regulators, and the public through its Eaze Insights program. Learn more at www.eaze.com.
We strive to be an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourage people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Eaze does not discriminate by race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.