San Francisco, CA
The Eaze Finance team is looking for an experienced Accounting Manager. We need someone who is excited to take ownership and think outside the box to solve problems most companies don’t encounter. This position will report to the Assistant Controller and will be an integral part of the team. Our company is growing quickly and this role offers the unique opportunity to take on increasing responsibilities.
Who you are: You have experience in full-service Accounting and are looking for a new challenge. You have impeccable attention to detail and strive to increase efficiency. You are looking to take ownership and help define our processes and procedures.
- Has a strong attention to detail but also understand the business as a whole
- Enjoys thinking outside the box to solve problems while mitigating risks and respecting internal controls
- Has strong people skills and can build working relationships with internal and external partners
- Understands Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and financial statements
- Is experienced with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process
- Is experienced in payroll processing and reconciliations
- Has hands-on experience with accounting software packages including QuickBooks; experience assisting with G/L system implementations
- Advanced MS Excel skills including Vlookups and pivot tables
- Responsible for accounting close activities including review and approval of journal entries, managing the month-end close calendar, and review of all major balance sheet account reconciliations
- Prepare monthly analytic and variance reports including month-over-month variance, department-level variance, budget to actual; assist with management reporting
- Coordinate with 3rd party-payroll provider; manage semi-monthly payroll processing
- Prepare sensitive account reconciliations including payroll and equity accounts
- Coordinate with business partners to develop efficient processes
- Assist in the development and documentation of business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Manage a team of two in various areas of the GL including all opex related accounts, cash, fixed assets, accrued expenses, prepaid expenses, and equity-related items
- Support financial audit
Eaze, a cannabis marketplace, is on a mission to enhance safe access to legal cannabis, educate people about cannabis as a tool for wellness, and drive smart cannabis policies. We work to achieve this by connecting adult consumers with licensed dispensaries and products; programs to help consumers make informed choices, and sharing market insights with industry partners, regulators, and the public through its Eaze Insights program. Learn more at www.eaze.com.
We strive to be an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourage people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Eaze does not discriminate by race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.