San Francisco, CA
Do you have a paralegal background, and want to use that expertise to advise a fast-growing business on emerging legal issues? Are you creative and like to think on your feet? Do you want to shape the future of the cannabis industry? If so, then this role is for you.
If you choose to accept this mission, you will work with some of the most innovative legal, growth, marketing, operations, and product teams out there. The Paralegal will be responsible for managing corporate and commercial contract processes and assisting Eaze’s legal team in a variety of complex corporate, litigation, compliance, and commercial transactions. This role will report to the Associate General Counsel.
The successful Paralegal will:
- Manage and maintain Eaze’s corporate document portfolio, legal entity structure, IP portfolio, contracts, and corporate databases. Establish internal corporate processes.
- Assist attorneys in array of corporate and commercial transactions, from preparation to closing
- Assist with litigation case management, including discovery, responding to document requests, and calendaring
- Draft a variety of corporate documents, including inter-company agreements, confidentiality agreements, incorporation documents, shareholder and board resolutions, meeting minutes, officer certificates, powers of attorney and employment/equity documents
- Collaborate with and manage outside counsels and outside vendors in various legal matters
- Provide legal support to and work with internal teams on a variety of legal matters
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 4-7 years of paralegal experience at a law firm or in-house at a technology company
- Corporate and contracts experience, including entity formation and maintenance, contracts review, drafting, and negotiation, and corporate governance practices
- Bachelor’s degree or paralegal certificate
- Comfortable making judgment calls, spotting issues, and escalating to the team when necessary
- Outstanding writing, research, negotiating, interpersonal, and organizational skills. Attention to detail is a must.
- Adept at technical tools, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint/Keynote, and document sharing and e-signing tools
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, challenging environment where decisions you make will have a large impact
- Teamwork mentality and enthusiasm to help others
Eaze, a cannabis marketplace, is on a mission to enhance safe access to legal cannabis, educate people about cannabis as a tool for wellness, and drive smart cannabis policies. We work to achieve this by connecting adult consumers with licensed dispensaries and products; programs to help consumers make informed choices, and sharing market insights with industry partners, regulators, and the public through its Eaze Insights program. Learn more at www.eaze.com.
We strive to be an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourage people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Eaze does not discriminate by race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.