Senior Backend Engineer
San Francisco, CA
The Eaze engineering team is looking for an experienced backend-focused engineer to join our team of passionate, mission-driven people. You’ll be working on critical parts of our technology platform, and will heavily contribute to creating a system and platform that will consistently deliver an awesome experience to our end-users.
We’re embarking on creating the next generation of core subsystems that power Eaze, utilizing a mix of Golang, Node.js and Python. If creating scalable and observable systems that support the delivery of a very large amount of cannabis sounds appealing to you, Eaze wants to hear from you.
Experience and skills you possess:
- You have extensive hands-on experience building server-side applications, ideally within Golang, Node.js, or Python.
- You’re able to speak to what makes a service scalable, secure, and performant, and can incorporate those thoughts into clear, readable code
- You champion system observability and understand the value of application metrics and monitoring
- You’re comfortable with scoping complex technical solutions and can understand how they contribute to the goals of the organization and business
- You’re familiar with cloud-based infrastructure, and understand containerization to the degree that you can articulate how applications should behave within that infrastructure
- You’re very familiar with data storage solutions and can speak to the trade-offs of utilizing different technologies to accomplish surfacing data to our various client applications
Things you might work on in your role:
- Creating new backend application services to fulfil the business and product needs of our ever-evolving delivery system
- Performing deep investigations while strategizing around complex elements of our system, such as routing algorithms, inventory management, or compliance requirements
- Designing digestible APIs to interface with our many different services and clients
- Consulting with other business units and teams within the company to ensure the work we’re doing in engineering is the right work to deliver an exceptional experience for our customers.
Eaze, a cannabis marketplace, is on a mission to enhance safe access to legal cannabis, educate people about cannabis as a tool for wellness, and drive smart cannabis policies. We work to achieve this by connecting adult consumers with licensed dispensaries and products; programs to help consumers make informed choices, and sharing market insights with industry partners, regulators, and the public through its Eaze Insights program. Learn more at www.eaze.com.
Eaze Engineering has a friendly, welcoming environment, and a team that cares deeply about diversity and inclusion. We offer competitive salaries and benefits, quality gear, the obligatory snacks — but more importantly, meaningful work, and a sustainable work-life balance. We’re still small and growing, so there’s opportunity to grow with us.
We strive to be an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Eaze does not discriminate by race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.