Los Angeles, California /
Who we are
Eaze is a cannabis delivery platform and marketplace that connects adult consumers with licensed dispensaries and products. Eaze has built a sophisticated logistics and technology platform to provide fast, efficient delivery of a broad variety of cannabis products across California. We are on a mission to enhance safe access to legal cannabis, educate people about cannabis as a tool for wellness, and drive smart cannabis policies. At Eaze, you will work alongside a world-class team of product managers, designers, and engineers representing a wide range of backgrounds and strengths.
The Staff Accountant is responsible for a variety of activities pertaining to Eaze’s accounting cycles, including preparing periodic financial statements and reports, performing month-end & year-end procedures, ensuring local tax compliance and managing relationships with key finance & operational teams to ensure accurate financial transactions. The Staff Accountant is also a key business partner to Operations and must be able to handle the complexity and speed associated with operations and intercompany transactions. This is a remote position based in the US.
What you’ll do
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly, and year-end internal financial reporting in accordance with company close processes and procedures with a focus on ownership of accuracy of financial information.
- Preparation of supporting working papers including standard month-end journal entries, bank reconciliations, account reconciliations, GL account analysis and other financial analysis, as required.
- Serve as a key resource in responding to various queries regarding monthly, quarterly and annual expenditures and balance sheet items.
- Generate invoices for customers.
- Reconcile customer accounts, communicate with Brands team and follow up with customers regarding accounting questions
- Create AR aging and metrics reports
- Performing Intercompany reconciliation and follow up on intercompany invoices with Finance.
- Prepare sales tax returns
- Support income tax filings
- Drive continuous improvement by identifying gaps in processes, preparing recommendations and implementing ways to improve efficiency and spending.
- Develop and document work instructions and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal control.
- Payroll review and approval
- 1099 reporting oversight
- Assist with the preparation of the annual budget process, monthly budget variance analysis and monthly financial reports
- Maintain monthly and annual PTO accruals
- Maintain monthly 401(K), profit sharing and cash balance plan accruals
- Maintain lease accounting records
- Contribute to and lead automation and process improvement projects
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential
- Complies with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements by enforcing adherence to requirements and advising management on needed actions
- Completes external audit by analyzing and scheduling general ledger accounts and providing information for auditors by assisting as needed in the annual financial statement audit
- Collaborate on system implementations for ERP software.
- Work collaboratively within the finance team and other departments to understand business processes and Ad hoc projects as requested.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
What we’re looking for
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Economics, Mathematics, Business Administration, or a related field.
- Minimum of 3+ years of related experience including previous accounting and/or financial experience.
- Professional designation an asset
- Strong business and financial acumen and a willingness to have an impact on the business.
- Experience with a tech environment would be an asset.
- Specific experience with ERPs would be an asset.
- Self-starter, driven & focused, strong attention to detail and well organized.
- Systems thinker with demonstrated process improvement skills and knowledge of accounting best practices and standards.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills (written, oral, presentation); communicates in a clear, concise, and organized manner; active listener and listens to others to obtain information.
- Proven experience building strong relationships with others including peers, management, external providers and business partners.
- Has a sense of urgency, demonstrates the ability to manage time and prioritize activities & resources to ensure department standards are met on a consistent basis.
- Team player and understands the importance of being part of a team.
- Advanced level computer skills, including hands-on experience with an accounting software package and an excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office. Excellent Excel skills are a must.
Why you should join
As an organization, we are keenly aware of the injustice of the war on drugs - which for so many years has been used to incarcerate black and latinx people on a massive scale. We are always trying to do our part to support these communities, whether it's through the promotion of social equity brands or funding underrepresented cannabis business founders through our accelerator program.We strive to be an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourage people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Eaze does not discriminate by race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.