Who we are
Eaze is a cannabis delivery platform and marketplace that connects adult consumers with licensed dispensaries and products. Eaze has built a sophisticated logistics and technology platform to provide fast, efficient delivery of a broad variety of cannabis products across California. We are on a mission to enhance safe access to legal cannabis, educate people about cannabis as a tool for wellness, and drive smart cannabis policies.
Eaze is seeking a Senior Accountant to join our Accounting team. As Senior Accountant, you will be responsible for a variety of activities pertaining to Eaze’s accounting cycles, including ensuring the timeliness and accuracy of accounting records, completing balance sheet reconciliations, performing financial analysis, and preparing financial reports. You will play a crucial role in building a strong financial foundation for a rapidly growing company. You will report to the Accounting Manager and will collaborate with other members of the finance team and other business stakeholders. This is a key role within the Accounting team and provides a great opportunity for professional growth.
What you’ll do
- Partner cross-functionally to develop, implement, improve, and execute financial and accounting processes and systems
- Prepare monthly workpapers and manage month end close deliverables
- Regularly maintain detailed reconciliations of all balance sheet accounts which include accrued liabilities, inventory, debt, equity and more.
- Regularly produce financial reports or statements
- Adhere to proper accounting methods, policies, and principles
- Collaborate on system implementations for ERP software.
- Assist with the preparation of the annual budget process, monthly budget variance analysis and monthly financial reports
- Drive continuous improvement by identifying gaps in processes, preparing recommendations and implementing ways to improve efficiency and spending..
- Analyze and explain monthly balance sheet and income statement fluctuations and variances
- Assist with compiling year-end external audit requests
- Train staff accountants on accounting principles and best practices
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions
What we’re looking for
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or related field
- 3+ years’ experience in accounting or related field
- Excellent Excel skills a must
- CPA or CPA Candidate preferred
- Experience with Odoo, QBO, Fathom, and/or Floqast a plus
- Thorough knowledge of basic accounting procedures like revenue recognition, accrued expense, and intercompany consolidation
- Systems thinker with demonstrated process improvement skills and knowledge of accounting best practices and standards.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills (written, oral, presentation); communicates in a clear, concise, and organized manner; active listener and listens to others to obtain information.
- Strong business and financial acumen and a willingness to have an impact on the business.
- Able to remain flexible in a constantly changing environment, while demonstrating strong planning and prioritization skills
- Experience in a High Growth Start up a plus
- Ability to understand broader business, operational and financial issues
- Innate attention to detail
- Thrive in a team environment
Why you should join
As an organization, we are keenly aware of the injustice of the war on drugs - which for so many years has been used to incarcerate black and latinx people on a massive scale. We are always trying to do our part to support these communities, whether it's through the promotion of social equity brands or funding underrepresented cannabis business founders through our accelerator program.
We strive to be an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourage people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Eaze does not discriminate by race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.