San Francisco, CA
Eaze is the leading cannabis technology company. Our mission is to improve lives by providing safe and reliable access to high-quality cannabis products with the utmost convenience.
Do you have a compliance background, and want to use that expertise to advise a fast-growing business on emerging legal issues? Are you creative and like to think on your feet? Do you want to shape the future of the cannabis industry? If so, then this role is for you.
The Compliance Specialist will serve as a key point person in managing cross-functional compliance initiatives across the company, helping ensure that Eaze and its partners adhere to the many laws and regulations applicable to the cannabis industry. Reporting to the Senior Director of Compliance on the Legal team, this role is essential to ensuring that Eaze remains at the forefront of this rapidly changing industry.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Research relevant laws, regulations and ordinances on Federal, state, and local levels.
- Coordinate with internal teams, including product, growth, operations, marketing, and finance, to implement newly passed laws and regulations.
- Work with Eaze’s external retail and brand partners to ensure they are in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Continually audit and review Eaze’s systems to ensure compliance with existing and new regulations.
- Tracking pending legislation and ordinances as they progress through the lawmaking process.
- Serve as first point of contact for Marketing, Brands, and Account Management teams as they explore new markets and partners.
- Attend and document local governmental commission and legislative body meetings impacting cannabis and Eaze.
What We’re Looking For
- 2-4 years experience in a fast paced industry, with legal or regulatory experience preferred.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Strongly detail-oriented
- Ability to research and interpret state compliance documents and regulations
- Familiarity with regulations, licensing, and related terminology
- A self-starter who can take a project and run with it
- Someone who is willing to learn and be challenged
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- A can-do, customer-focused, optimistic attitude
- High expectations for success – good enough never is!
Eaze, a cannabis marketplace, is on a mission to enhance safe access to legal cannabis, educate people about cannabis as a tool for wellness, and drive smart cannabis policies. We work to achieve this by connecting adult consumers with licensed dispensaries and products; programs to help consumers make informed choices, and sharing market insights with industry partners, regulators, and the public through its Eaze Insights program. Learn more at www.eaze.com.
We strive to be an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourage people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Eaze does not discriminate by race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.