San Francisco, CA
The Finance team at Eaze is looking for an experienced Staff Accountant to assist with general accounting operations. The successful Staff Accountant will have strong analytical skills and a foundational knowledge of accounting principles. This position will report to the Accounting Manager and will be an integral part of the growing Finance team.
This is a great time to join a fun company culture, small team and giant industry leader.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform month-end and year-end close processed to ensure compliance with GAAP principles
- Assist in the development and documentation of business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Manage accounts payable including specifically:
- Monitor communications from employees and vendors to collect and pay all invoices in a timely manner
- Manage online billpay system to route invoices to managers for appropriate approvals
- Gain a strong understanding of the business in order to code invoices to appropriate expense and balance sheet accounts
- Monitor and escalate priority items as necessary, Vendor, 1099, and ad hoc reporting as requested
- Maintain accounting schedules including prepaid and fixed assets
- Perform monthly reconciliations of balance sheet and expense accounts
Qualifications and Skills:
- Familiarity with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and financial statements
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process
- Hands-on experience with accounting software packages including NetSuite and QuickBooks
- Advanced MS Excel skills including Vlookups and pivot tables
- Aptitude for numbers and quantitative skill
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- BS in Accounting, Business, or related field
Eaze, a cannabis marketplace, is on a mission to enhance safe access to legal cannabis, educate people about cannabis as a tool for wellness, and drive smart cannabis policies. We work to achieve this by connecting adult consumers with licensed dispensaries and products; programs to help consumers make informed choices, and sharing market insights with industry partners, regulators, and the public through its Eaze Insights program. Learn more at www.eaze.com.
We strive to be an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourage people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Eaze does not discriminate by race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.