Payment Operations Manager
San Francisco, CA /
Who We Are
Eaze is the premier cannabis and technology company providing consumers across California with safe, reliable, and convenient access to their favorite cannabis products on-demand.
The Eaze Payments Team is transforming traditional e-commerce payment methods into compliant financial solutions that meet the needs of cannabis consumers and merchants. Banking and payments remains one of the biggest challenges in the cannabis industry, and we’re here to solve the problem by living at the intersection of cannabis tech and fintech in order to provide a first-class user experience.
As the Payment Operations Manager, you will take a leading role in building and scaling our payments products and processes, and have direct input on the user experience. You will make Eaze’s current systems and networks more efficient, use data and analytics to inform decision-making, manage key partnerships with banks, fintechs and other vendors, and work directly with cross-functional internal teams including Product, Engineering, Finance, and Operations to build, manage, and improve debit, ACH, and cryptocurrency based payment and financial solutions. You will work directly with the VP of Payments to create and sustain the premier consumer and merchant financial experience in cannabis.
What You'll Do
- Collaborate with leadership to scale the Payments Operations team by defining, executing, and communicating operational processes, standards, and best practices
- Manage all payment operation components with both internal and external partners (e.g. onboarding merchants, overseeing payouts, monitoring fraud, and general day-to-day management)
- Build out dashboards, tools, and reporting to monitor and measure the effectiveness of financial products and solutions
- Utilize detailed analytics to troubleshoot and resolve payment issues with product, engineering, analytics, and external partners
- Conduct deep-dive analyses on issues affecting the business performance and establish a periodic business review with external partners to address key business issues
- Own long-term, independent projects, and quickly respond to the needs of a core function of the business
- Think for the future -- what aren’t we doing that we should be doing, how can we deploy resources to improve the customer experience and the company, and what should the world look like tomorrow?
Who You Are
- 3+ years of relevant experience (including fintech, cryptocurrency, payments, or financial operations/analytics)
- Analytical skills with an emphasis on data-driven decision making
- Proficient in SQL and Excel and comfortable working in databases, reporting tools, and visualization
- Demonstrated experience with project management and cross-functional collaboration
- Forward-thinking and eager to take ownership of high-level projects and challenges
- High level of interest in fintech and financial products in emerging industries
- Strong communication skills; Can clearly articulate complex analysis through presentations and writing, and influence stakeholders to reach goals
Why You Should Join
As an organization, we are keenly aware of the injustice of the war on drugs - which for so many years has been used to incarcerate Black and Latinx people on a massive scale. We are always trying to do our part to support these communities, whether it's through the promotion of social equity brands or funding underrepresented cannabis business founders through our accelerator program.
We are committed to growing a diverse and welcoming team in a safe space to be yourself and learn from your colleagues. We strive to be an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourage people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Eaze does not discriminate by race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Eaze, a cannabis marketplace, is on a mission to enhance safe access to legal cannabis, educate people about cannabis as a tool for wellness, and drive smart cannabis policies. We work to achieve this by connecting adult consumers with licensed dispensaries and products; programs to help consumers make informed choices, and sharing market insights with industry partners, regulators, and the public through its Eaze Insights program. Learn more at www.eaze.com.
We strive to be an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourage people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Eaze does not discriminate by race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.