Senior Backend Engineer
San Francisco, CA
We’re looking for an experienced backend engineer to join our team at Eaze. You’ll be working on mission critical parts of our technology platform, and helping us build a long-term scalable system that will consistently deliver an awesome experience for our end-users.
At Eaze, engineers enjoy an unprecedented amount of autonomy in deciding how to do their work, and work closely with product managers and designers in an iterative, metrics-driven process that ensures the biggest possible impact of the work on our business.
- Ability to build and maintain a complex, service-oriented Web backend
- Relentless focus on the customer and business needs
- Great communication skills, ability to work proactively and collaboratively
Specific skills and experience
- Understanding of software-development fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, networking, HTTP
- Extensive experience with server-side development, ideally with NodeJS or DotNet.
- Solid grasp of principles of RESTful APIs and service-oriented architecture
- Strong focus on testing
- Great communication and collaboration skills
- Experience with evented, asynchronous, distributed systems
- Understanding of ORMs, databases, and SQL
- Open-source experience
Eaze, a cannabis marketplace, is on a mission to enhance safe access to legal cannabis, educate people about cannabis as a tool for wellness, and drive smart cannabis policies. We work to achieve this by connecting adult consumers with licensed dispensaries and products; programs to help consumers make informed choices, and sharing market insights with industry partners, regulators, and the public through its Eaze Insights program. Learn more at www.eaze.com.
Eaze Engineering has a friendly, welcoming environment, and a team that cares deeply about diversity and inclusion. We offer competitive salaries and benefits, quality gear, the obligatory snacks — but more importantly, meaningful work, and a sustainable work-life balance. We’re still small and growing, so there’s opportunity to grow with us.
We strive to be an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Eaze does not discriminate by race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.