San Francisco, CA
As an Engineering Manager at Eaze, you'll be leading an engineering team in a fast-paced, growing startup environment. You'll collaborate with many people outside the Engineering organization from Operations to Customer Service, and work particularly closely with our Product Managers.. Our relentless focus on end-user experience means that your work will have a direct impact on all parts of our system, including our consumer Web app and mobile apps, internal driver apps, and admin dashboards.
You’ll exercise a tremendous amount of autonomy in your position. This gives us the agility to navigate the rapid growth of our company, and the industry we operate within. You'll mentor, guide, and grow your team of engineers, setting them up for success, and providing them opportunities to grow individually and as a team. At Eaze, we believe strongly in the concept of ‘servant leadership,’ working with genuine caring and humility to empower the engineers they work with.
- Facilitating engineering work, providing leadership, and growing teams and people
- Relentless focus on the customer and business needs
- Great communication skills, ability to work proactively and collaboratively
Specific skills and experience
- Extensive experience as an individual contributor building user-facing software
- Experience managing a team of software engineers building Web applications
- Solid understanding of fundamental principles of software engineering — e.g., data structures and algorithms, networking, HTTP, and REST
- Significant experience with the software development lifecycle, automated testing, QA, and continuous integration.
- Experience with operations-heavy or logistics businesses
- Knowledge of Web-app security practices
- Open-source experience
Eaze, a cannabis marketplace, is on a mission to enhance safe access to legal cannabis, educate people about cannabis as a tool for wellness, and drive smart cannabis policies. We work to achieve this by connecting adult consumers with licensed dispensaries and products; programs to help consumers make informed choices, and sharing market insights with industry partners, regulators, and the public through its Eaze Insights program. Learn more at www.eaze.com.
Eaze Engineering has a friendly, welcoming environment, and a team that cares deeply about diversity and inclusion. We offer competitive salaries and benefits, quality gear, the obligatory snacks — but more importantly, meaningful work, and a sustainable work-life balance. We’re still small and growing, so there’s opportunity to grow with us.
We strive to be an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Eaze does not discriminate by race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.