Senior Director, Human Resources
Los Angeles, California /
Human Resources /
Stachs LLC is a subsidiary of Eaze Technologies and supports the operations of a network of cannabis delivery, manufacturing & distribution facilities. Eaze is, our technology arm, supports the cannabis delivery platform and marketplace that connects adult consumers with licensed dispensaries and products.
We are on a mission to enhance safe access to legal cannabis, educate people about cannabis as a tool for wellness, and drive smart cannabis policies. At Stachs, you will work alongside a world-class team representing a wide range of backgrounds and strengths.
As Senior Director of Human Resources, you will be responsible for developing and executing human resource strategy in support of the overall business plan and direction for people operation at Stachs and Eaze, specifically in the areas of succession planning, talent management, change management, organizational and performance management, training and development, and compensation. You will provide guidance by articulating HR needs and plans to the executive management team, shareholders, and the board of directors. You will report directly to the VP of Human Resources. This is a remote position based in California.
What you’ll do:
- Lead managers of the division and be indirectly responsible for all employees within the division.
- Establish and implement HR efforts that effectively communicate and support the company’s mission and strategic vision.
- Develop HR plans and strategies to support the achievement of the overall business operations objectives.
- Function as a strategic business advisor to the executive/senior management of each business unit or specialty group regarding key organizational and management issues.
- Work with the company's executive management team to establish a sound plan of management succession that corresponds to the strategy and objectives of the company.
- Develop comprehensive recruiting and retention plans to meet the human capital needs of strategic goals.
- Develop and implement comprehensive compensation and benefits plans that are competitive and cost-effective.
- Provide overall leadership and guidance to the HR function by overseeing talent acquisition, career development, succession planning, retention, training, leadership development, compensation and benefits globally.
Who you bring:
- A BS/BA degree in human resources or related field preferred. Master’s or law degree is a plus.
- 10+ years of HR experience, with at least five years of executive HR experience.
- Knowledge of and experience with varied human resource information systems (HRIS).
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and labor relations.
- Experience in employment law a plus
- SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) or SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) certification is highly preferred.
- Experience in handling company acquisitions.
- Preferred experience with training and leadership development in creating strategy, implementing, and tracking of leadership programs (i.e. succession planning, leadership development, training programs.
- Extensive experience influencing business leaders individually and collectively. Must be comfortable to propose solutions others are reluctant to address, act in the face of resistance, and advocate for the best interests of the organization.
- A strategic mindset but can also focus on tactical and operational issues. Must be comfortable rolling up your sleeves to get things done and the next moment being part of deeply complex strategic discussions.
- Demonstrable skills in business insight, collaborating, analysis, project management, communication, presentation, negotiation, conflict management, and problem-solving.
- Must be very detail-oriented and have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage competing priorities, effective time management skills, pro-active approach, results, and solutions-oriented.
- Solid communication and relationship building skills; Connects with people and flexes style accordingly
In joining us as Senior Director of HR at Eaze, you will be a part of a small but mighty compassionate team. We care deeply about employee satisfaction and fostering an inclusive work environment.
As an organization, we are keenly aware of the injustice of the war on drugs - which for so many years has been used to incarcerate black and latinx people on a massive scale. We are always trying to do our part to support these communities, whether it's through the promotion of social equity brands or funding underrepresented cannabis business founders through our accelerator program.
We are committed to growing a diverse and welcoming team in a safe space to be yourself and learn from your colleagues. Minorities, women, and LGBTQIA+ people are encouraged to apply!