Director of IT
San Francisco, CA
Eaze is the leading cannabis marketplace and technology platform which connects consumers with local retailers to get cannabis delivered on-demand. We are on a mission to enhance safe access to legal cannabis, educate on cannabis as a tool for wellness, and drive smart cannabis policies.
We’re looking for an experienced IT Director in our San Francisco office who will manage all aspects of IT across Eaze. We need someone who is not only comfortable in a startup environment, but is also excited about growing the IT department from personnel to processes, to automation. This person will also be responsible for maintaining internal and external relationships.
Among the aspects of management, this role involves network services and infrastructure management, systems security, internet circuit management, mentorship, automation, digital security, and maintaining a high level of service from both you and your direct reports
- Evaluate and manage vendor accounts to adapt to changing business needs
- Lead infrastructure and project planning for new locations
- Create, implement, and modify IT processes and policies, including ticket management and security
- Architect computer and account provisioning automation
- Mentor direct reports with a general emphasis on education and guiding them through new technologies and software
- Manage velocity and Service Level Agreements (SLAs) by overseeing ticket volume and current projects and initiatives
- Maintain a pragmatic approach to creating and enforcing new policies
- 8+ years of increasing responsibility or specialization in IT
- Proven ability to grow and lead teams
- Experience with IT infrastructure design and implementation
- Comfortable with a startup environment, striking a balance between structure, policies, and speed of execution on a daily basis
- Experience with Meraki networking equipment and maintaining a robust WiFi network
- Experience working in (and creating solutions for) a hybrid Mac OS and Windows OS environment
Eaze, a cannabis marketplace, is on a mission to enhance safe access to legal cannabis, educate people about cannabis as a tool for wellness, and drive smart cannabis policies. We work to achieve this by connecting adult consumers with licensed dispensaries and products; programs to help consumers make informed choices, and sharing market insights with industry partners, regulators, and the public through its Eaze Insights program. Learn more at www.eaze.com.
Eaze Engineering has a friendly, welcoming environment, and a team that cares deeply about diversity and inclusion. We offer competitive salaries and benefits, quality gear, the obligatory snacks — but more importantly, meaningful work, and a sustainable work-life balance. We’re still small and growing, so there’s opportunity to grow with us.
We strive to be an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Eaze does not discriminate by race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.