Director of Platform Engineering
San Francisco, CA
Eaze is the leading cannabis technology company. Our mission is to improve lives by providing safe and reliable access to high-quality cannabis products with the utmost convenience. We're building our world-class team and are looking for people who can help take us to the next level.
The Eaze Platform team is responsible for the observability, stability, scalability, and ease of use of the Eaze platform. This team creates and operates the systems that our Product Engineering teams use to build technology that drives the cannabis industry forward.
What You'll Do:
- As the Director of Platform Engineering, you will need to effectively communicate, collaborate, and influence team members and engineering technical leads across the company.
- Scale Platform group through a period of rapid company growth by attracting, hiring, mentoring, and retaining top-tier talent.
- Drive the technology vision and roadmap for the platform group.
- Deliver architecture transformation.
- Develop a platform to empower product engineering teams to move faster and improve the developer experience.
- Organize and plan projects from start to finish with other technical leads as needed.
- Drive monitoring and observability across our ecosystem and ensure the scalability and stability of an increasingly complex system.
- Mentor, teach, and guide individual contributors and managers across the engineering team.
What You Bring:
- As an Engineering Director, you possess a high level of experience in application development, software engineering, and application architecture.
- 10+ years of software development experience and 5+ years leading and managing engineering teams in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience scaling teams past 30+.
- Experience with architecture transformation from monolithic to microservices, SOA or equivalent.
- Experience with engineering platform architecture.
- Excellence in problem-solving, strategic systems thinking, and collaboration with cross-functional teams.
Eaze, a cannabis marketplace, is on a mission to enhance safe access to legal cannabis, educate people about cannabis as a tool for wellness, and drive smart cannabis policies. We work to achieve this by connecting adult consumers with licensed dispensaries and products; programs to help consumers make informed choices, and sharing market insights with industry partners, regulators, and the public through its Eaze Insights program. Learn more at www.eaze.com.
Eaze Engineering has a friendly, welcoming environment, and a team that cares deeply about diversity and inclusion. We offer competitive salaries and benefits, quality gear, the obligatory snacks — but more importantly, meaningful work, and a sustainable work-life balance. We’re still small and growing, so there’s opportunity to grow with us.
We strive to be an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Eaze does not discriminate by race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.