Director of Financial Planning & Analysis
San Francisco, CA
We’re building our world-class team and are looking for people who can help take us to the next level. As the first FP&A Director at Eaze, you will work closely with the SVP of Finance to develop the team structure and hire additional team members. You will lead the FP&A team and collaborate with Eaze’s cross-functional leaders to drive all aspects of planning and performance management. You will be responsible for all areas of FP&A, which includes developing financial and business plans, partnering with business leaders across the company, driving analyses for business & strategic issues and serving as the steward for Eaze’s financial P&L.
If you thrive in environments that are dynamic, action-oriented, data-driven and relish in conquering diverse challenges every single day, joining Eaze is likely to be the most rewarding opportunity of your career.
This position will report to the Senior Vice President of Finance. It will be based in our San Francisco, CA office and is ineligible for relocation assistance.
- You build and lead a great FP&A team.
- You work with senior leadership team in setting strategic direction.
- You provide key decision support for senior executives across all functional areas.
Financial Analysis and Reporting
- You will implement and lead weekly and monthly processes to provide performance analysis to Eaze’s management and other business teams.
- You drive financial analyses to evaluate the company’s operational and strategic decisions.
- You partner closely with accounting in preparation of weekly, monthly, quarterly, annual company financial performance reporting and analysis.
- You analyze the drivers and issues for business performance variances.
- You direct ad hoc strategic, financial and operational analyses.
Budgeting, Forecasting, and Planning
- You will implement and lead annual planning and three-year financial strategic planning.
- You lead financial forecasts throughout the year, monthly and quarterly.
- You maintain and communicate business risks/opportunities for Eaze.
- You partner with management to identify and implement performance improvement initiatives throughout the company.
- You collaborate with other teams to collect input for forecast and to understand the drivers of the forecast.
- You coordinate with other key groups to represent Eaze and ensure smooth operations (e.g. accounting, legal, payments, corporate development, etc.).
- You oversee analysis for strategic decisions with regards to new business models, strategic partnership agreements, etc.
- You oversee the preparation of business analyses, trending analysis, and other ad-hoc projects as needed.
- You will partner with Controller on implementation of new financial tools and systems
Desired Skills and Experience Requirements:
- 10+ years of financial, business and strategic planning experience, preferably in a high growth environment. E-commerce experience is a plus.
- Strong track record of building and managing successful teams.
- Experience building and owning complex financial models
- Must demonstrate analytical prowess, strategic thinking and a command of the details
- Passion for using data to drive better decision making.
- You value working with people with a strong sense of ownership, that are inherently kind, have a high-bar for quality, and a bias towards action
- Ability to build relationships with all levels of management, cross-functional business partners and with corporate functions.
- Excellent presentation skills and comfort in communicating with C-level executives.
- Self motivation and a deep sense of pride in your work.
- Some domestic travel required (10-15%).
Eaze, a cannabis marketplace, is on a mission to enhance safe access to legal cannabis, educate people about cannabis as a tool for wellness, and drive smart cannabis policies. We work to achieve this by connecting adult consumers with licensed dispensaries and products; programs to help consumers make informed choices, and sharing market insights with industry partners, regulators, and the public through its Eaze Insights program. Learn more at www.eaze.com.
We strive to be an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourage people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Eaze does not discriminate by race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.