People Operations Specialist
San Francisco, CA
Eaze is a leading cannabis technology company. Our mission is to improve lives by providing safe and reliable access to high-quality cannabis products with the utmost convenience. We’re building our world-class team and are looking for people who can help take us to the next level.
As the People Operations Specialist, you will be responsible for supporting all aspects of the employee experience from an HR perspective---including onboarding, promotions, payroll, benefits, and exits. We are looking for an enthusiastic, self-starter who is passionate about creating an inclusive, dynamic culture dedicated to talent development, innovation and collaboration. As Eaze’s People department, we strive to put our people first so that they can thrive and do their best work. We hope you’ll join us as we build out our People team!
The role is ineligible for relocation assistance.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Own the onboarding process; onboard new hires and host new hire orientations
- Process new hire paperwork and I-9s
- Process employee changes in our HRIS system (new hires, promotions, exits, transfers) and generate change notifications
- Work closely with Finance to ensure employee changes are accurately reflected in payroll
- Manage and maintain all HR records with confidentiality
- Assist with benefits open enrollment and administration
- Respond to verification of employment requests Prepare exit paperwork and assist with exit interviews
- Respond to routine HR questions and escalate as needed
- Assist with Leave of Absence management
- Proactively improve current processes to help scale Eaze’s People team
- Assist with ad hoc HR projects
What We’re Looking For:
- 1-2 years relevant HR/People Operations experience
- Extremely detail oriented, organized and thorough
- Impeccable discretion in handling sensitive and confidential information
- Strong bias for action and ownership
- Ability to think critically to assess and improve processes
- HRIS experience--experience with ADP is a plus
- Robust MS Office skills--especially Excel!
- Above all, a commitment to creating a thriving, people-first culture that supports our employees to do their best work.
Eaze, a cannabis marketplace, is on a mission to enhance safe access to legal cannabis, educate people about cannabis as a tool for wellness, and drive smart cannabis policies. We work to achieve this by connecting adult consumers with licensed dispensaries and products; programs to help consumers make informed choices, and sharing market insights with industry partners, regulators, and the public through its Eaze Insights program. Learn more at www.eaze.com.
We strive to be an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourage people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Eaze does not discriminate by race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.