Ebury is a Global FinTech: we apply new technologies to enhance and automate financial services and processes. This allows small and medium-sized businesses to trade and transact internationally by eliminating boundaries related to more traditional procedures.
Founded in 2009, we are now positioned among the fastest-growing companies in the sector! Headquartered in London, we have more than 1000 staff covering over 50 nationalities (and counting!) working across more than 27 offices worldwide and serving more than 45,000 clients every day.
Hard work pays off: Ebury has just received a £350 million investment from Banco Santander and has won over 20 internationally recognised awards such as the Growing Business of the Year 2019: Larger Company (Turnover £50m+) and Financial Times: 1000 Europe's Fastest-Growing Companies (which we have been awarded twice: 2017 and 2019!).
None of this would have been possible without what we’re most proud of: our great community. Enthusiastic, disruptive and collaborative teams, always ready to innovate and revolutionize the fast-paced Fintech dimension.
As Solutions Architect , you will own Ebury’s services and applications architecture integrity and scalability. You will negotiate with stakeholders to deliver a good mix of tech and product improvements that yield the best user experience for Ebury.
You will be part of a tech team culture of reliability, maintainability and simplicity focused on achieving scalability of services.
Role and Responsibilities
- Own the architectural definition, integrity and scalability of services and applications within a Domain
- Contribute to the architectural roadmap that provides a 3 year view of the evolution of Ebury’s platform
- Review and approve significant changes to the architecture of the platform
- Define a distributed approval process for design decisions
- Actively participate in design reviews and service architecture decisions
- Uphold the integrity of the architecture and other development processes
- Be an active member of the Architecture team
- Responsible for delivering Proof of Concepts and Reference Implementations for Architectural corner stones
- Actively work to level up the Tech team’s technical abilities, working with Team leads to provide input on the development and career plans.
- Participate in tech-wide and company-wide projects
- Work with tech leads to plan dependencies and enable them to achieve their parts of the Architecture roadmap.
- Deep experience working on distributed architectures in the Finance Sector
- Shows a broad understanding of the business context of work happening across the organisation.
- Good English communication to a diverse audience (individual team contributors to Senior management)
- Experience working in an Agile environment
Due to the high number of applications received, only successful candidates will be contacted.
The list of duties and responsibilities may include others, as required by the company from time to time in the performance of your role.
Any offer of employment is subject to the receipt of satisfactory references.
We believe in inclusion. We stand against discrimination in all forms and have no tolerance for the intolerance of differences that makes us a modern and successful organisation. At Ebury, you can be whoever you want to be and still feel a sense of belonging no matter your story because we want you and your uniqueness to help write our future.