Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) - Remote
Ebury is a Global FinTech: we apply new technologies to enhance and automate financial services and processes. This allows small and medium-sized businesses to trade and transact internationally by eliminating boundaries related to more traditional procedures.
Founded in 2009, we are now positioned among the fastest-growing companies in the sector! Headquartered in London, we have more than 1000 staff covering over 50 nationalities (and counting!) working across more than 27 offices worldwide and serving more than 45,000 clients every day.
Hard work pays off: Ebury has just received a £350 million investment from Banco Santander and has won over 20 internationally recognised awards such as the Growing Business of the Year 2019: Larger Company (Turnover £50m+) and Financial Times: 1000 Europe's Fastest-Growing Companies (which we have been awarded twice: 2017 and 2019!).
None of this would have been possible without what we’re most proud of: our great community. Enthusiastic, disruptive and collaborative teams, always ready to innovate and revolutionize the fast-paced Fintech dimension.
Are you ready to join us?
If you are an SRE and you want to move forward your professional career in an international and dynamic environment, this job is for you!
You will be joining our SRE team to focus on site reliability of our Finance and Foreign Exchange platform, specially looking to further decouple our application deploy and infrastructure. We are mainly in AWS, and we are actively migrating to ECS and Kubernetes.
- Have managed production infrastructure sites for front and back-end services
- Good knowledge of Linux internals and administration
- Experience in systems software development (go, python, bash, ... )
- Deep knowledge of infrastructure as code principles, knowledge of Terraform would be a plus.
- Deep experience with AWS (Cloud Computing: Ec2, S3, RDS, VPC, Security Groups, ELB, ElastiCache, Beanstalk, Redshift, ...)
- knowledge with SQL and noSQL database administration
- Able to define actionable monitoring and alerting for systems
- On-call experience dealing with production incident management and resolution
WHY WORKING WITH US?
- Great professional opportunity in a company with a development over 100% in the last five years and in a continuing innovative environment
- Work with a distributed and international team experience professionals
- To participate in one of the most disruptive technological sector
- We offer competitive conditions as well as the possibility to keep growing thanks to continuous reviews and career plan
WHAT WE OFFER
- Work on remote-first teams, so you won’t miss on water cooler conversations
- You will work remotely, but you will never feel alone. Get introduced to others via Donuts
- Live wherever you want (preferred time zone: EU and South America (GMT-5 max)), but we look for stability. At this point in time, we are not open to digital nomads
- Work autonomously
- Keep 100% focused!
Due to our remote-first organisation and our remote-focused onboarding system, you will feel a crucial part of the team since day 1. Curious about what working remotely is like at Ebury? Take a look here and see what our remotes say about us!
If there’s something that you can do in our Tech team, it is growing professionally: thanks to our career path and our collaborative and cross-working teams, every day is a new adventure.
Get ready to take your career to the next level!
The list of duties and responsibilities may include others, as required by the company from time to time in the performance of your role.
Due to the high number of applications received, only successful candidates will be contacted.
Any offer of employment is subject to the receipt of satisfactory references.