Director of Enterprise Sales
San Francisco, CA /
About Us 🌎
EcoCart is a leading climate technology application for online retailers. We partner with brands to meet their sustainability goals by identifying opportunities to reduce their carbon footprint throughout their supply chain and business operations. Where greenhouse gas emissions are unavoidable we partner with certified carbon offset projects. By helping ecommerce businesses tell their sustainability story we boost trust, prevent greenwashing, and offset unavoidable greenhouse gas emissions.
We are a 50-person, remote-first company looking for people who are motivated by being part of a team building products that will help change the world. We're growing quickly, and want you to grow with us - Join us in our mission to make the fight against climate change easy, accessible, & affordable for everyone!
EcoCart is currently only hiring folks based in the United States or Canada.
See who you'd be working with by checking out our org chart: https://theorg.com/org/ecocart
Salary Range: $150,000 base ($300,000 OTE)
The Sales Team at EcoCart is the engine that powers the business. In an ever evolving market and company, the sales team seeks to provide revenue and stability that can accelerate our vision to market.
We’ve listed what we think you’ll be spending your time on right away. We’re growing fast, and growth means the challenges we’ll work on together will change as we lead EcoCart through new and different phases.
This is an indispensable role with us, so we’ll be looking for you to have examples of when you’ve tackled these challenges throughout your career. We’ve laid out the experience we think is important to set you up for success in this role. But, we appreciate that different humans will solve problems in different ways, so we don’t expect you to fit exactly in a box of requirements.
What You'll Do:
- Create an energetic sales environment every day for your group of distributed Enterprise Account Executives (EAEs)
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of our marketspace, its players, our buyers and their pain points, our platform and the impact it has on the merchants we serve
- Actively monitor EAE and group data and measurements – both leading performance indicators and results – to proactively identify opportunities for individual EAE and team improvement and to continuously achieve top performance
- Ramp newly hired EAEs so that they are comfortable, confident and productive in their role more quickly than their predecessors were
- Problem solve with EAEs, peers and leaders to overcome challenges and to capture opportunities in the day-to-day operating environment across both campaigns and outreach and within the end-to-end selling infrastructure
- Recognize and celebrate success and failure, always with a focus on what to learn and improve
- Provide in-the-moment coaching to all levels of EAEs
- Ensure your group is aligned with individual, group and company goals, as well as remaining current on key go-to-market and company news, events and artifacts
- Support the design and deployment of incentive programs to drive desired behavior changes and outcomes
- Solicit and provide timely feedback to peers and leadership in Marketing, Partners, Merchant Success and Product
- Support the development and delivery of training content (ecommerce, product, competitors, how we conduct outreach and discovery, etc.) to position team members for success
- Embrace and drive adoption of EcoCart’s standard selling framework and underlying processes and toolset
- Forecast accurately with keen insight, differentiating what will happen from what could happen
- Lead, and continue to build, a world-class team: recruit and develop top talent, conduct career development conversations, operationalize the measurement of individual performance, and encourage mobility within both go-to-market and EcoCart as a whole
- Act decisively with transparency, and make decisions through the lens of EcoCart’s core values
- 3+ years of direct management experience of a B2B SaaS/technology sales team
- 3+ years of experience managing a sales team in ecommerce
- Progressive experience leading and managing Account Executives who have delivered impressive results
- Strong negotiation and strategy skills, with executive presence to step in and close high-level deals
- Ability to forecast revenue within a tight margin
- Attitude that truly nothing is “not your job.” You should feel excited by the need to act like an owner to solve problems and dig in, wherever needed.
- Collaborative work style
- Startup experience
- Experience creating exceptional partnerships with internal and external stakeholders
-Series A Equity
-Best-of-the-best options for medical, dental, & vision insurance
-Mental health benefits
-Periodic days of rest, where the entire company enjoys a day off!
-Proactive, collaborative company culture with a shared vision for climate impact!