Director of FP&A and Strategy
San Francisco, CA /
About Us 🌎
EcoCart is a leading climate technology application for online retailers. We partner with brands to meet their sustainability goals by identifying opportunities to reduce their carbon footprint throughout their supply chain and business operations. Where greenhouse gas emissions are unavoidable we partner with certified carbon offset projects. By helping ecommerce businesses tell their sustainability story we boost trust, prevent greenwashing, and offset unavoidable greenhouse gas emissions.
We are a 50-person, remote-first company looking for people who are motivated by being part of a team building products that will help change the world. We're growing quickly, and want you to grow with us - Join us in our mission to make the fight against climate change easy, accessible, & affordable for everyone!
EcoCart is currently only hiring folks based in the United States or Canada.
See who you'd be working with by checking out our org chart: https://theorg.com/org/ecocart
Salary Range: $120,000- $200,000
EcoCart is seeking our first Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) Director to support financial decision making & strategy. This highly autonomous role will report to the COO, and will be responsible for building and maintaining financial forecasts along with creating best practices and procedures for the department.
As our Director of FP&A and Strategy, the integrity of your work is critical. Our Executive Leadership Team and Board will rely on your analysis to drive strategy and decision-making. Measure twice, cut once!
EcoCart is a complex business! You’ll have the opportunity to learn about each of our functions and how they work in tandem to drive impact. Strong financial analysis and strategic decision-making require a deep understanding of how our teams fit together & deliver on our mission.
The right candidate will have owned financial modeling across all facets of an organization, and will have advanced Excel skills and the ability to communicate complicated financial concepts across all levels of the organization. You should enjoy fast-paced working environments, and have a desire for continuous growth and knowledge.
A Day in the Life
- Work directly with the COO to build reporting, financial analysis, and budgeting processes from scratch
- Build & maintain financial forecasts to support decision-making by working with EcoCart’s Executive Leadership Team (ELT) and Board of Directors
- Develop robust models on trends, key business drivers and financial results to prioritize & plan investment decisions
- Deliver ad hoc financial analysis and reporting, empowering EcoCart’s teams to make well-informed decisions that align with strategy
- Analyze EcoCart’s actual financial performance and identify gaps versus our forecast, helping to identify opportunities for corrective action
- Support leadership team in board and investor communication reporting and presentations
- Support / ensure creation and data integrity of dashboards and reporting of key company metrics to the company and Board; understand and review benchmarks and make recommendations based on both internal and external considerations
- 5+ years in financial planning & analysis (FP&A), investment banking, or private equity
- Advanced Excel skills
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles, budget planning and monitoring, and financial analysis
- Exceptional attention to detail & obsession with accuracy
- Strong organization & time-management skills
- Bachelor's degree in finance, business, or related field
- Startup experience
- Experience developing & owning financial forecasting & budgeting processes
-Series A Equity
-Best-of-the-best options for medical, dental, & vision insurance
-Mental health benefits
-Periodic days of rest, where the entire company enjoys a day off!
-Proactive, collaborative company culture with a shared vision for climate impact!