Sales Manager (Remote)
San Francisco, CA /
About Us 🌎
EcoCart's mission is to make the fight against climate change easy, accessible, and affordable for everyone. We live at the intersection of E-Commerce and Climate Tech and build software that determines the ecological footprint of the manufacturing and delivery of goods sold by e-commerce brands around the world. Then through consumer-facing features, EcoCart enables shoppers to offset the emissions of the goods they are purchasing by donating to offset projects that EcoCart vets and supports. We are backed by top VCs, executives from Facebook, Affirm, & Klaviyo, and by top-tier e-commerce founders of Chubbies, Blue Bottle Coffee, BarkBox, & Felix Gray.
We are a 40-person, remote-first company looking for people who are motivated by being part of a team building products that will help change the world. We're growing quickly, and want you to grow with us - Join us in our mission to make commerce sustainable!
See who you'd be working with by checking out our org chart: https://theorg.com/org/ecocart
Salary: $120,000 base (OTE $240,000)
The Sales Team at EcoCart is the engine that powers the business. In an ever evolving market and company, the sales team seeks to provide revenue and stability that can accelerate our vision to market.
We’ve listed what we think you’ll be spending your time on right away. We’re growing fast, and growth means the challenges we’ll work on together will change as we lead EcoCart through new and different phases.
This is an indispensable role with us, so we’ll be looking for you to have examples of when you’ve tackled these challenges throughout your career. We’ve laid out the experience we think is important to set you up for success in this role. But, we appreciate that different humans will solve problems in different ways, so we don’t expect you to fit exactly in a box of requirements.
What You'll Do 💻
- Create an energetic sales environment every day for your group of distributed Account Executives (AEs)
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of our marketspace, its players, our buyers and their pain points, our platform and the impact it has on the merchants we serve
- Actively monitor AE and group data and measurements – both leading performance indicators and results – to proactively identify opportunities for individual AE and team improvement and to continuously achieve top performance
- Ramp newly hired AEs so that they are comfortable, confident and productive in their role more quickly than their predecessors were
- Problem solve with AEs, peers and leaders to overcome challenges and to capture opportunities in the day-to-day operating environment across both campaigns and outreach and within the end-to-end selling infrastructure
- Recognize and celebrate success and failure, always with a focus on what to learn and improve
- Provide in-the-moment coaching to all levels of AEs
- Ensure your group is aligned with individual, group and company goals, as well as remaining current on key go-to-market and company news, events and artifacts
- Support the design and deployment of incentive programs to drive desired behavior changes and outcomes
- Solicit and provide timely feedback to peers and leadership in Marketing, Partners, Merchant Success and Product
- Support the development and delivery of training content (ecommerce, product, competitors, how we conduct outreach and discovery, etc.) to position team members for success
- Embrace and drive adoption of EcoCart’s standard selling framework and underlying processes and toolset
- Forecast accurately with keen insight, differentiating what will happen from what could happen
- Lead, and continue to build, a world-class team: recruit and develop top talent, conduct career development conversations, operationalize the measurement of individual performance, and encourage mobility within both go-to-market and EcoCart as a whole
- Act decisively with transparency, and make decisions through the lens of EcoCart’s core values
Your Experience 👩🏽💻
- Experience in B2B SaaS sales in the Shopify ecosystem or E-commerce.
- You have progressive experience leading and managing Account Executives who have delivered results that you’re proud of.
- You’ve worked at a startup company (or a few) and know what it means to make it through the various stages of rapid growth.
- Experience recruiting, hiring, and developing high-performing teams and leading them through continuous change as the day-to-day operating environment is evolved in order to scale.
- Have an attitude that truly nothing is “not your job.” You should feel excited by the need to act like an owner to solve problems and dig in, wherever needed.
- You have a collaborative work style and have created exceptional partnerships with your peers in Sales and Marketing as well as with other internal and external stakeholders, and quickly became one of their favorite people to work with.
-Series A Equity
-Best-of-the-best options for medical, dental, & vision insurance
-Mental health benefits
-Periodic days of rest, where the entire company enjoys a day off!
-Proactive, collaborative company culture with a shared vision for climate impact!