Office Manager - part time (f/x/m)
People & Culture
Ecosia, the search engine that plants trees, is one of the world's leading social businesses and the first B Corporation in Germany. As part of our mission to cultivate a more environmentally, socially and economically sustainable world, we want to reverse the tide of deforestation by planting a billion native trees. So far our 15 million users have planted over 80 million trees. Our reach is expanding in all means and we are growing and planting worldwide.
We are looking for an organized and highly motivated Office Manager to join our team part-time (15hrs week, Mon/Wed/Fri) in Berlin. With special attention to detail, a love of tidiness, an organized way of working and an all time friendly and supportive attitude, you ensure our team has everything it needs to be happy and productive at work. This is your opportunity to become part of a supportive, international team and shape a product used by millions of users!
What you will do
- Create the perfect workplace experience so our team members can do their best
- Handle suppliers, control the inventory and be responsible for the ordering of everything food, beverage & office supply related
- Organize internal catering and culinary experiences for your colleagues
- Make sure the office is tidy, especially our kitchen during the day, and liaise with our cleaning personnel where necessary
- Provide a welcoming atmosphere for visitors, distribute mail and deliveries where necessary
- Take on various administrative tasks and projects related to the office in close cooperation our Happiness Manager
- Be the first point of contact for providers, handymen and more
- Keep an eye on efficiency and budget
- Update and maintain our office standards and procedures as necessary
- Assist with internal events planning, team days and the meetups/ events we host
- Be the go-to person for issues needing immediate attention, and boost employees morale
What you bring
- You are an organizational talent and ideally have at least 1 year of experience in a similar role
- You like to go the extra mile to ensure a great work environment for our team
- You work independently, accurately and with foresight
- You are tech savvy and can set up basic technical equipment without breaking a sweat
- You set priorities and like to take initiative, with a hands-on mentality and solution-focus
- You are reliable and keep a cool head even in stressful situations
- You have excellent knowledge of both German and English, both on a fully fluent level
- You have a working knowledge of Google Apps (Gmail, Docs, Spreadsheets)
- You have a passion for our core values and the way we work.
What we offer
Work for a purpose!
- Instead of working for an additional million to your CEO’s annual bonus, you'll add millions of trees for the planet you live on
- Your work will be used daily by millions of people across the globe
- Eco-activism is not expected, but fully supported by the company
Grow your expertise!
- Become a member of a diverse, highly-skilled, multi-functional team that’s eager to collaborate and change the world
- Opportunities and support for you to advance your professional growth like monthly learning days, hack days and free book policy
- Entrepreneurial environment open for your ideas and initiatives
Balance work with other sides of your life!
- Outstanding flexibility in terms of working hours and location
- Two no-meeting days per week, open for periods of remote work
Get compensated well and fairly!
- A fair compensation package that reflects your skills and experience
- Subsidized public transport ticket, gym membership or your green-electricity bill
- More perks like weekly team breakfasts, free vegetarian/vegan snacks, and drinks
We recognize that you may need further development in some areas, and we encourage you to apply even if your profile does not meet all of the requirements for the role.
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical disability or length of time spent unemployed.