Junior Country Manager - France
Marketing & Communications
Ecosia, the search engine that plants trees, is one of the world's largest social businesses and the first B Corporation in Germany. As part of our mission to cultivate a more environmentally, socially and economically sustainable world, we want to reverse the tide of deforestation by planting a billion native trees. So far our 15 million users have planted over 91 million trees. Our reach is expanding in all means and we are growing and planting worldwide.
Ecosia is looking for a self-motivated and confident Junior Country Manager - France to act as a brand ambassador and spokesperson for Ecosia in and around Paris, as well as supporting the Senior Country manager on overall brand strategy. A natural public speaker, networker, with an activist mentality, you will be the face of Ecosia at all relevant events and community projects. A lover of all things related to the environment, you are already immersed in this world and want to continue spreading awareness through your network and beyond.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Create and lead communication projects to promote Ecosia’s core values and tree planting mission.
- Support the senior country manager to define and apply the overall brand strategy for Ecosia France.
- Help with the localization of content and share relevant news topics in France with the content creation team.
- Support the social media team in answering user requests and developing localised content.
- Reach out to potential partners and negotiate potential partnerships. Nurture ongoing relationships within Ecosia’s partner network.
- Act as a brand ambassador/spokesperson at local (networking) events in Paris.
- Prepare and give public talks about Ecosia and related topics (at universities, NGO’s, public events, companies, etc).
- Organize meet-ups with partners and Ecosia users to promote a sustainable lifestyle/society.
- Opportunity to plan and organize environmental activism campaigns.
- Opportunity to create content for Ecosia’s blog and podcast, interviewing thought leaders.
- Living in Paris or willing to move to Paris.
- A native French speaker with strong writing skills. Fluent in English, our company language. Other languages are a plus.
- Passionate about environmental topics (forests, trees, regenerative agriculture, ecology, environmental activism, sustainable societies, social business).
- Very comfortable with public speaking and speaking in front of large audiences.
- Have an empathic approach to building up partnerships and have strong listening skills.
- Have the courage to think outside of the box and to become a thought leader.
- Thing like an entrepreneur, are self-organized, autonomous and results-oriented.
- Know how to prompt people to try out an alternative to a mainstream product.
We are looking to hire someone for this position promptly. This person will be working from home until French officials allow (in reference to COVID-19) for its residents to work away from home.
WHAT WE OFFER
Work for a purpose!
- Instead of working for an additional million to your CEO’s annual bonus, you'll add millions of trees for the planet you live on
- Your work will be used daily by millions of people across the globe
- Eco-activism is not expected, but fully supported by the company
- Want to know what it's like to work for Ecosia? Check out: https://info.ecosia.org/about
- Learn more about Ecosia and what we stand for: https://blog.ecosia.org/is-ecosia-legit-10-q-a-with-ecosias-founder-and-ceo/
Grow your expertise!
- Become a member of a diverse, highly-skilled, multi-functional team that’s eager to collaborate and change the world
- Opportunities and support for you to advance your professional growth like monthly learning days, hack days and free book policy
- Entrepreneurial environment open for your ideas and initiatives
Balance work with other sides of your life!
- Outstanding flexibility in terms of working hours and location
- Two no-meeting days per week, open for periods of remote work
- 30 vacation days
Get compensated well and fairly!
- A fair compensation package that reflects your skills and experience
We recognize that you may need further development in some areas, and we encourage you to apply even if your profile does not meet all of the requirements for the role.
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical disability or length of time spent unemployed.