Senior Product Designer (f/m/x)
Ecosia, the search engine that plants trees, is one of the world's largest social businesses and the first B Corporation in Germany. As part of our mission to cultivate a more environmentally, socially and economically sustainable world, we want to reverse the tide of deforestation by planting a billion native trees. So far our 15 million users have planted over 100 million trees. Our reach is expanding as we continue to grow and plant trees worldwide!
We are looking for a Senior Product Designer to join us in Berlin and shape how users interact with our core product - Search Experience. You will be responsible for growing our core product and crafting user-centric solutions to extend our experience to new areas.
Do you want to become part of an inspiring team and shape a product used by millions of users? Join our mission and be part of reforesting the planet!
What you’ll be doing
- Take ownership of the product design process in your team from early concept phases to final delivery
- Help define long-term strategy and short-term wins across teams by translating user needs, business requirements and technical capabilities into pixel perfect design solutions
- Communicate your high level thoughts with design artefacts like user journeys, storyboards, wireframes, user flows, prototypes etc
- Craft an intuitive, elegant and feasible responsive web experience with Ecosia’s Design System and best practices
- Contribute back to Design System within your team and support it’s growth
- This position is remote during COVID-19 but you will be expected to move to Berlin once the situation allows it`
What you bring
- Heart that is beating for our users, connection with our core values and the way we work
- 5+ years of experience as a in-house Product Designer: You have a track record of creating outstanding user experiences. You worked on mobile-first, web based, consumer facing products. You know how to shape and drive strategy through design. You can see the big picture and dig deeper accordingly. You worked in a fast-paced environment as part of a cross-functional team that applied agile methodologies. You have a passion for well-crafted products. You can validate your designs with a range of qualitative and quantitative methods.
- You are fluent in different aspects of product design: Design strategy, user research, UX, interface, interaction and motion design (a mastery in all is not required, however you should be able to work with different needs).
- You are fluid in your tools of trade: Sketch, Adobe Suite, Principle, Abstract, InVision are just a few of the tools we use.
- You possess strong verbal and written communication skills, whether in one-on-one or group setting (English, German not required)
- You are an entrepreneur at heart: You have validated and/or launched a new idea from scratch whether full-time job related or not.
- You have experience with contributing to and/or implementing Design Systems.
Bonus points for:
We recognize that you may need further development in some areas, and we encourage you to apply even if your profile does not meet all of the requirements for the role: we encourage and support growth and development for everyone.
A portfolio is an essential element of the application for a Product Design or Creative role in Ecosia. Applicants without a link or PDF with sample work unfortunately will not be considered.
WHAT WE OFFER
Work for a purpose!
- Instead of working to earn an additional million to your CEO’s annual bonus, you'll add millions of trees for the planet
- Your work will be used by millions of people across the globe daily
- Eco-activism is not expected, but it’s fully supported by the company
- Want to know what it's like to work for Ecosia? Check out our info page
- Learn more about Ecosia and what we stand for with these 10 questions for Ecosia’s Founder and CEO
Grow your expertise!
- Become a member of a diverse, highly-skilled, multi-functional team that’s eager to collaborate and change the world
- Available opportunities and support to advance your professional growth such as monthly learning days, hack days, and a free book policy
- An entrepreneurial environment open to your ideas and initiatives
Balance work with other parts of your life!
- Outstanding flexibility in terms of working hours (part -time: 32 hours, also possible) and location.
*If during covid-19 you work remotely, you need to be available during our core working hours (at least 10-16 Berlin time/CET)
- Two ‘no-meeting’ days per week and open for periods of remote work
- 30 vacation days
Get compensated well and fairly!
- A fair compensation package that reflects your skills and experience
- Subsidized public transport ticket, gym membership or your monthly green-electricity bill
- Additional perks include weekly team lunches, free vegetarian/vegan snacks, and drinks
We recognize that you may need further development in some areas, and we encourage you to apply even if your profile does not meet all of the requirements for the role.
Diversity and inclusion are important for us and we are constantly working on improving it.
We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse workplace, where everyone, from any background, can do their best work
We are actively working on creating a workplace that promotes and values diversity in age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability and ethnicity.
We stay true to our mission together with ensuring that our place can be anyone’s place.
We are constantly working on improving it and welcome feedback.
If you’re living with a disability, illness, and/or neurodiversity, feel free to let us know how we can adjust and support your application process. For instance, we can provide different tools, interview formats, or more time for assignments.