People & Culture /
Full-time / Part-time
Ecosia, the search engine that plants trees, is one of the world's largest social businesses and the first B Corporation in Germany. As part of our mission to cultivate a more environmentally, socially and economically sustainable world, we are planting and protecting forests by enabling people to channel their everyday actions into environmental good. So far our 15 million users have planted over 125 million trees. Our reach is expanding as we continue to grow and plant native and bio-diverse trees worldwide!
Do you want to become part of a great purpose-driven team and grow a movement and product used by millions to plant trees around the world?
We are looking for a Tech Recruiter to join us in Berlin. As a member of our People & Culture team, you will work closely with our Engineering and Product teams and be responsible for attracting future Ecosians and building up our team for long-term growth.
You will do
- You’ll own the full-cycle recruiting process, from conducting comprehensive intake meetings with hiring managers to hire the ideal candidate for the position.
- You’ll be active in the tech community and participate in meetups, events, fairs, and conferences to develop and expand your network.
- You’ll evaluate the current recruitment process, identify potential areas for improvement, run optimisation projects, and reach your true potential.
- You’ll provide a great candidate experience and develop a network of diverse active and passive candidates.
- You’ll be an essential part of the team, contributing ideas and feedback on various people and culture-related topics.
- You are an expert in tech recruiting. You have several years of experience hiring internationally and have demonstrably filled especially senior tech positions.
- You are our brand ambassador with an ability to inspire and motivate people to join Ecosia. You make sure that they understand our values and what we do.
- You have great cultural awareness and have D&I in mind when it comes to recruiting.
- You have experience in direct sourcing and are open to new trends in recruiting.
- You have a data-driven approach to recruitment - understanding of recruiting metrics and use them for continuous improvement.
- You build trust with your stakeholders and communicate openly and clearly.
- You are fluent in written and verbal communication skills in English.
- You’re up for a startup climate in a fast-growing company.
Our hiring process consists of several steps:
1. First call with our recruiter
2. Assignment and conversation with a Tech Recruiter and an Engineer
3. Interview with 2 members of our People and Culture team
4. Final conversation with 2 members of our people leads
During Covid -19 all steps are done remotely.
WHAT WE OFFER
Work for a purpose!
- Instead of working to earn an additional million to your CEO’s annual bonus, you'll add millions of trees for the planet
- Your work will be used by millions of people across the globe daily
- Eco-activism is not expected, but it’s fully supported by the company
- Want to know what it's like to work for Ecosia? Check out our info page
- Learn more about Ecosia and what we stand for with these 10 questions for Ecosia’s Founder and CEO
- Learn more about our core values and how we work together.
Grow your expertise!
- Become a member of a diverse, highly-skilled, multi-functional team that’s eager to collaborate and change the world
- Available opportunities and support to advance your professional growth such as monthly learning days, offsite activities, access to courses, trainings and conferences, German classes and a free book policy
- An entrepreneurial environment open to your ideas and initiatives
Balance work with other parts of your life!
- Outstanding flexibility in terms of working hours (part -time: 32 hours, also possible) and location.
*If during covid-19 you work outside Berlin, you need to be available during our core working hours (at least 10-16 Berlin time/CET)
- Two ‘no-meeting’ days per week and open for periods of remote work in winter and summer
- 30 vacation days
- Mindfulness meditation sessions
Get compensated well and fairly!
- A fair compensation package that reflects your skills and experience
- Subsidized public transport ticket, gym membership or your monthly green-electricity bill
- Relocation and visa assistance
- Additional perks include weekly team lunches, free vegetarian/vegan snacks, and drinks
We recognize that you may need further development in some areas, and we encourage you to apply even if your profile does not meet all of the requirements for the role.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are essential to us, and we are constantly working on improving them.
We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse workplace where everyone from any background can do their best work.
We are actively working on creating a workplace that promotes and values diversity in age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, and ethnicity.
We stay true to our mission together with ensuring that our place can be anyone’s place.
We are constantly working on improving it and welcome feedback.If you’re living with a disability, illness, and/or neurodiversity, feel free to let us know how we can adjust and support your application process. For instance, we can provide different tools, interview formats, or more time for assignments.