Mid-level Creative Video Producer (all genders)
Marketing & Communications /
Please be aware that in the event of a significant number of applicants, the position may be temporarily removed from the website until we can thoroughly evaluate each application. If we are unable to identify the ideal candidate from the initial pool, we will repost the role online. Thank you!
A better planet with every search - Ecosia, the search engine that plants trees, is one of the world's largest social businesses and the first B Corporation in Germany. As part of our mission to cultivate a more environmentally, socially, and economically sustainable world, we are planting and protecting forests by enabling people to channel their everyday actions into environmental good. So far our 20+ million users have planted over 170 million trees. Our reach is expanding as we continue to grow and plant native and biodiverse trees worldwide!
We’re seeking a mid-level Video Editor / Producer (full-time) to join our Creative team at Ecosia. Due to the nature of the position, we require it to be based in Berlin.
Application deadline: 4th of September
YOUR OPPORTUNITY TO MAKE AN IMPACT:
- Work within Ecosia’s creative team to collaborate with wider marketing teams and formulate, conceptualize, and edit video content for Ecosia’s marketing initiatives and campaigns.
- Growing Ecosia’s reach by creating compelling and eye-catching short and long-form editorial videos for socials and YouTube.
- Edit and optimize video content for paid performance marketing campaigns.
- Occasionally assist with pre-production and production of video content and paid ads.
- Contribute as part of Ecosia’s creative team to maintain and improve creative systems including libraries, video templates, assets, and equipment.
- Support onboarding of and collaboration with freelancers.
- Continuously discover and implement new editing techniques and stay updated with the latest video trends.
YOUR KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERTISE:
- Proven experience creating and editing social videos (Tiktok, Instagram Reels, and YouTube Shorts) in both editorial and paid capacity.
- Proven experience editing long-form story-oriented video content for YouTube.
- Knowledge of video and film production processes.
- Creative storytelling skills through video editing and production.
- Eye for aesthetic video practices and techniques.
- Ability to optimize and amend video content quickly and efficiently.
- Keen interest in and limited knowledge of visual design and motion graphics.
- Extensive knowledge and experience working with Adobe Creative Cloud (specifically Premiere Pro and After Effects).
- Skilled in color grading and audio design.
- Experience working with video and assets management tools and video templates.
- Advanced written and oral communication skills in English, and further languages, particularly German or French are a plus.
- Eagerness to learn new skills and motivation for having a positive impact.
- Graphic design skills and knowledge of Figma are a plus.
- The ability to work with additional creative tools is a plus (Davinci Resolve, Final Cut, Audition,..)
The Hiring Process
Our hiring process consists of 4 steps:
1) Call with our recruiter
2) Call with two Creative team members
4) Call with two Creative team members you didn't meet in the previous round
(By default, all steps are done remotely, but we can also arrange on-site interviews.)
The salary range for the role:
€51,000 – 63,000
- What if your job made a real difference to the climate crisis? Join Ecosia and help plant millions of trees where people and ecosystems need them most.
- We offer you the opportunity to balance work with other parts of your life. (Flexible working hours, more vacation days than the law requires (30 days/year on a five-day week), designated Focus Times, remote work options).
- Moving to Berlin for the first time? We welcome everyone and offer relocation support and visa/work-permit assistance to new employees and their loved ones coming from abroad and within Germany.
- We are a team of more than 25 nationalities that includes people from different sexual orientations, ages, races, physical/mental abilities, child/pet/plant parents, and non-traditional backgrounds.
- We help you live sustainably through our green benefits, such as subsidized public transport cards, bike inspection, green electricity allowance, etc.
- We support your professional growth through monthly learning days, hack days, online and physical library, a 2000€ development allowance per year, continuous feedback, etc.
If you’re living with a disability, illness, and/or neurodiversity or are primary caregivers, feel free to let us know how we can adjust and support your application process. For instance, we can provide different tools, interview formats, or more time for assignments.