Digital Marketing Specialist (f/x/m)
Marketing & Communications
Full-time / Part-time
Ecosia, the search engine that plants trees, is one of the world's leading social businesses and the first B Corporation in Germany. As part of our mission to cultivate a more environmentally, socially and economically sustainable world, we want to reverse the tide of deforestation by planting a billion native trees. So far our 15 million users have planted over 80 million trees. Our reach is expanding in all means and we are growing and planting worldwide.
We are looking for a Digital Marketing Specialist to join us in Berlin. Reporting directly to the CMO and working closely with our Digital Marketing Manager, you will manage paid digital marketing campaigns for Ecosia across multiple markets.
You will be instrumental in helping us grow the Ecosia user base and be a key member of our Marketing and Communications team. This is your opportunity to become part of a supportive, cross-functional team and shape a product used by millions of users!
What you’ll do
- Plan, execute and optimise paid digital marketing campaigns across a range of platforms and markets.
- Utilise strong analytical ability to optimise ads, landing pages and touch points across the user journey to increase conversion.
- Quickly identify trends, platform changes opportunities and learnings from campaigns that need to be tested, implemented and scaled.
- Measure and report performance of paid campaigns against target ROAS and KPI objectives - ensuring we plant more trees through your campaigns.
- Collaborate closely with other team members and external freelancers to generate concepts and creatives for campaigns.
- Openly share learnings with team members and support the optimisation of content and organic socials with your knowledge and analytical skills.
What you bring
- More than 2 years paid marketing experience.
- You'll have worked across a range of varied client accounts and campaigns for various markets. Ideally with an agency or tech e-commerce background.
- Analytical mindset and proven experience across a range of digital platforms.
- Creative and skilled in generating ideas for new ad creatives, copy and broader campaigns.
- Self-motivated, but with a collaborative and supportive approach to team work.
- Ability to use InDesign, Photoshop and other relevant editing tools a plus.
- Strong written and verbal English language skills - other languages would be a big asset.
- You are located in or willing to relocate to Berlin, Germany.
- Passion for our core values and the way we work.
Our hiring process consists of several steps:
- Quick first call with our recruiter (30 minutes)
- Another interview with our Digital Marketing Manager
- Short case study task focused on paid marketing.
- On-site visit to Ecosia, including interviews with CMO and other key stakeholders.
What we offer
Work for a purpose!
- Instead of working for an additional million to your CEO’s annual bonus, you'll add millions of trees for the planet you live on
- Your work will be used daily by millions of people across the globe
- Eco-activism is not expected, but fully supported by the company
Grow your expertise!
- Become a member of a diverse, highly-skilled, multi-functional team that’s eager to collaborate and change the world
- Opportunities and support for you to advance your professional growth like monthly learning days, hack days and free book policy
- Entrepreneurial environment open for your ideas and initiatives
Balance work with other sides of your life!
- Outstanding flexibility in terms of working hours and location
- Two no-meeting days per week, open for periods of remote work
Get compensated well and fairly!
- A fair compensation package that reflects your skills and experience
- Subsidized public transport ticket, gym membership or your green-electricity bill
- More perks like weekly team breakfasts, free vegetarian/vegan snacks, and drinks
We recognize that you may need further development in some areas, and we encourage you to apply even if your profile does not meet all of the requirements for the role.
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical disability or length of time spent unemployed.