iOS Developer (mid-level) (f/m/x)
Full-time / Part-time
Ecosia, the search engine that plants trees, is one of the world's leading social businesses and the first B Corporation in Germany. As part of our mission to cultivate a more environmentally, socially and economically sustainable world, we want to reverse the tide of deforestation by planting a billion native trees. So far our 8+ million users have planted over 70 million trees. Our reach is expanding in all means and we are growing and planting worldwide.
We are looking for an iOS developer to join us in Berlin and help bring our swift apps to the next level! This is a fantastic opportunity to become part of an inspiring team and shape a product used by millions of users.
What you’ll do
- Writing lovely swift code to bring our iOS and Mac apps to the next level
- Making our apps more beautiful and usable
- Staying abreast of all developments in the Apple ecosystem
- Use your expertise in the mobile space to give insights and advice for improving our products for our users
- Join a supportive team and explore other fields besides iOS
- Continuously improving our team processes and development workflow, thereby increasing the team’s velocity and output
- Help us build and improve our products and make our users happy
- Collaborate closely in an agile team with product people and other engineers
What you bring
- 1.5+ years of iOS development experience
- The ability to turn ideas into code that you are proud of
- You know how to develop great iOS applications using Swift
- Good technical knowledge with Foundation, UIKit and other Apple APIs
- Familiarity with the process of getting an app into the Appstore
- Familiar with iOS design guidelines and patterns
- You really care about testing
- You’re interested in extending your skills and working on multiple stacks (Android and web applications) with the support of the team
- You’re a team player and love to work with other great people to get the job done
- You have respect and passion for our core values
- You can speak and write English fluently (German not required)
- Mac app development experience with Appkit would be an advantage
- Knowledge and experience in the web and search space would be beneficial
Our hiring process consists of several steps:
- Quick first call with our recruiter
- Short (ideally less than 1 hour) assignment you can do in your own time
- Technical conversation with 2 of your potential future colleagues (can be remote)
- Half a day on-site, including a pair programming session and interviews with non-technical role
What we offer
Work for a purpose!
- Instead of working for an additional million to your CEO’s annual bonus, you'll add millions of trees for the planet you live on
- Your work will be used daily by millions of people across the globe
- Eco-activism is not expected, but fully supported by the company
Grow your expertise!
- Become a member of a diverse, highly-skilled, multi-functional team that’s eager to collaborate and change the world
- Opportunities and support for you to advance your professional growth like monthly learning days, hack days and free book policy
- Entrepreneurial environment open for your ideas and initiatives
Balance work with other sides of your life!
- Outstanding flexibility in terms of working hours and location
- Two no-meeting days per week, open for periods of remote work
Get compensated well and fairly!
- A fair compensation package that reflects your skills and experience
- Subsidized public transport ticket, gym membership or your green-electricity bill
- More perks like weekly team breakfasts, free vegetarian/vegan snacks, and drinks
We recognize that you may need further development in some areas, and we encourage you to apply even if your profile does not meet all of the requirements for the role. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical disability or length of time spent unemployed.
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical disability or length of time spent unemployed.