Head of Business Development
Berlin / (Remote during COVID-19) /
Marketing & Communications /
Ecosia, the search engine that plants trees, is one of the world's largest social businesses and the first B Corporation in Germany. As part of our mission to cultivate a more environmentally, socially and economically sustainable world, we want to reverse the tide of deforestation by planting a billion native trees. So far our 15 million users have planted over 100 million trees. Our reach is expanding as we continue to grow and plant trees worldwide!
With more than 15+ million users globally, Ecosia is looking for a Head of Business Development with a strategic approach to business and user development. Reporting directly to the CMO, a key focus of the role is to drive user growth, lead a team of 7, build a global strategy, and develop revenue in our core markets of the US, DE, FR and the UK.
With extensive business partnership and marketing experience across a range of markets, you will lead and coach a team of seven and implement a data-driven, growth strategy in Ecosia’s key markets. On a personal level, you are passionate about having a positive impact and driving systemic change, and have an innate ability to empower and lead people.
As a B-Corp, purpose driven company, Ecosia acts as an ethical business and alternative role model in the tech world, which is the core to who we are.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Lead, empower, and inspire the Country Development team at Ecosia, providing mentorship, coaching, guidance and decision making input (when needed).
- Work closely with the CMO to craft and implement a comprehensive long-term strategy for developing Ecosia’s key markets, business partnerships and user base.
- Extensively grow the user base of our core markets, working with the Marketing team and Country Managers to identify, analyze, and develop strategic opportunities, implement campaigns and negotiate partnerships that nurture growth and impact.
- Foster a data driven approach to decision making for your team, while encouraging creative approaches to campaign and partnership opportunities.
- Work closely with Product Managers to support partnerships and advertiser relationships that grow revenue for Ecosia, particularly within its key markets.
- Acts as a key stakeholder and liaises with the leadership team to help communicate and align on long term business goals and objectives with other functional areas (Marketing, Product, etc.), as well as what insights to develop.
- 7+ years experience in business development, partnerships and marketing, ideally in DE, FR, UK or North America.
- 4+ years experience of mentoring, coaching, and leading a team. Collaborative, self-motivated approach to work.
- Experience in developing markets with an understanding that different strategies may be needed for each market.
- Skilled in analyzing performance, conducting forecasting and working with data visualization tools.
- Intuitive knowledge of what builds a healthy brand, ideally with media buying and brand partnership experience.
- In-depth knowledge of the tech world and experience in supporting product partnerships in North American and European markets.
- Experience negotiating high value partnerships and contracts.
- Excellent relationship-building skills.
- Possesses a structured approach and an impeccable analytical mindset.
- Negotiation skills.
- Fluent command of English.
- Passionate about our core values and the way we work.
- Knowledge of paid digital marketing, ideally in YouTube, Facebook or Google. Strong understanding of what motivates advertisers and ways to increase monetization.
- Knowledge of agile processes and operations.
- French and/or German is a strong plus.
WHAT WE OFFER
Work for a purpose!
- Instead of working to earn an additional million to your CEO’s annual bonus, you'll add millions of trees for the planet
- Your work will be used by millions of people across the globe daily
- Eco-activism is not expected, but it’s fully supported by the company
- Want to know what it's like to work for Ecosia? Check out: https://info.ecosia.org/about
- Learn more about Ecosia and what we stand for: https://blog.ecosia.org/is-ecosia-legit-10-q-a-with-ecosias-founder-and-ceo/
Grow your expertise!
- Become a member of a diverse, highly-skilled, multi-functional team that’s eager to collaborate and change the world
- Available opportunities and support to advance your professional growth such as monthly learning days, hack days, and a free book policy
- An entrepreneurial environment open to your ideas and initiatives
Balance work with other parts of your life!
- Outstanding flexibility in terms of working hours and location
- Two ‘no-meeting’ days per week and open for periods of remote work
- 30 vacation days
Get compensated well and fairly!
- A fair compensation package that reflects your skills and experience
- Subsidized public transport ticket, gym membership or your monthly green-electricity bill
- Additional perks include weekly team lunches, free vegetarian/vegan snacks, and drinks
We recognize that you may need further development in some areas, and we encourage you to apply even if your profile does not meet all of the requirements for the role.
Diversity and inclusion are important for us and we are constantly working on improving it.
We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse workplace, where everyone, from any background, can do their best work
We are actively working on creating a workplace that promotes and values diversity in age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability and ethnicity.
We stay true to our mission together with ensuring that our place can be anyone’s place.
We are constantly working on improving it and welcome feedback.