Product Manager Mobile (PM/PO) (f/x/m)
Full-time / Part-time
Ecosia, the search engine that plants trees, is one of the world's leading social businesses and the first B Corporation in Germany. As part of our mission to cultivate a more environmentally, socially and economically sustainable world, we want to reverse the tide of deforestation by planting a billion native trees. So far our 15 million users have planted over 80 million trees. Our reach is expanding in all means and we are growing and planting worldwide.
We're looking for a passionate Product Manager to join us in Berlin. Do you want to take ownership of our mobile products which are used by millions of people around the world, join a unique workplace and be part of reforesting the planet?
What you’ll do
- As the Product Manager / Product Owner of a cross-functional product team you make sure it has all the conditions to be successful, enabling it to continuously execute and ship, evaluate, learn and grow.
- Lead the discovery, development and release of innovative features and products through collaboration with stakeholders across the organization (that includes developers, designers, analysts, marketers and leadership).
- Enable your team to design and optimize robust software, that can guarantee the highest quality, uptime and scalability for millions of users.
- Take strategic ownership of our mobile apps, covering topics across the whole user journey from user acquisition and onboarding to long-term retention and monetization.
- Keep learning new things, stay open minded and look to the broader industry for inspiration and partnerships.
What you bring
- You have several years of relevant work experience as a Product Manager where you have continuously added value to digital products, ideally consumer facing with an international userbase.
- Your heart is beating for our users and our cause, you connect with our core values and the way we work.
- You’re always looking for opportunities to learn and you love to teach yourself and others new things.
- You have demonstrated the ability to make strategic decisions and move a team forward confidently under ambiguity.
- You have a solid technical understanding, an eye for a good user experience and you have worked on native mobile apps in the iOS and Android ecosystems before, allowing you to trust and empower skilled specialists to create great outcomes.
- You are a good communicator, listening and expressing your thoughts and you can adjust your communication style to the people and the situation around you.
- Fluent spoken and written English (German not required).
Our hiring process consists of several steps:
- Quick first call via Hangouts with our recruiter for 30 minutes
- Two conversations via Hangouts with a couple of your potential future colleagues for 45 minutes
- The final on-site session for about 3 hours to give you a chance to get to know and work a little bit with your future team
What we offer
Work for a purpose!
- Instead of working for an additional million to your CEO’s annual bonus, you'll add millions of trees for the planet you live on
- Your work will be used daily by millions of people across the globe
- Eco-activism is not expected, but fully supported by the company
Grow your expertise!
- Become a member of a diverse, highly-skilled, multi-functional team that’s eager to collaborate and change the world
- Opportunities and support for you to advance your professional growth like monthly learning days, hack days and free book policy
- Entrepreneurial environment open for your ideas and initiatives
Balance work with other sides of your life!
- Outstanding flexibility in terms of working hours and location
- Two no-meeting days per week, open for periods of remote work
- 30 vacation days
Get compensated well and fairly!
- A fair compensation package that reflects your skills and experience
- Subsidized public transport ticket, gym membership or your green-electricity bill
- More perks like weekly team breakfasts, free vegetarian/vegan snacks, and drinks
We recognize that you may need further development in some areas, and we encourage you to apply even if your profile does not meet all of the requirements for the role.
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical disability or length of time spent unemployed.