Working student to support the German market (f/m/x)
Marketing & Communications
Ecosia, the search engine that plants trees, is one of the world's leading social businesses and the first B Corporation in Germany. As part of our mission to cultivate a more environmentally, socially and economically sustainable world, we want to reverse the tide of deforestation by planting a billion native trees. So far our 15 million users have planted over 80 million trees. Our reach is expanding in all means and we are growing and planting worldwide.
Are you passionate about the environment? And keen to learn more about marketing, communications and tech? We are looking for a native German speaker to support Ecosia in Berlin as a working student. You will be the glue to the team, ensuring that various stakeholders can work aligned within the German market. This role requires 20 hours per week, with the option to work remotely and the possibility to extend during your Semesterferien.
Do you want to help us spread the message and inspire others to plant trees with us? Awesome!
What you’ll do
- You will work cross-functionally and support the German-speaking markets in the following areas:
- User support: Respond to user questions and comments across a number of channels
- Social media support: Engage with our Facebook community, write copy and help find story angles and news hooks for our content
- Ecosia on Campus: Help university students in Germany to switch their campus over to
- EcosiaBlog: Assist with localized blog content, research experts for interviews and proofread translations
- Support the Country Manager: Help carry out partnerships, respond to inquiries, and follow up on projects
What you bring
- You are a native German speaker and your Rechtschreibe-skills are bulletproof
- You feel comfortable with English as the office language
- You have a good understanding of the Ecosia brand as well as a basic understanding of the German market and topics such as climate politics and sustainability
- You feel comfortable working autonomously, you are self-organized and can juggle many projects at the same time
- You are a digital native and interested in exploring the possibilities of different formats and find news hooks for relevant stories.
- Conveying a message in a few words and with a funny tone is no problem for you
- You are able to change your writing tone according to channel and audience
- A plus: You enjoy writing long format content like blog articles
- A plus: You have at least 1 year of relevant work experience
- A plus: Basic tech understanding and openness to learn more about it
- A plus: You’re confident responding in English to user support requests
- You have a passion for our core values and the way we work.
Our hiring process consists of several steps:
- Assignment (30 mins max)
- Phone interview (30 mins)
- On-site interview with different team members (30 mins)
What we offer
Work for a purpose!
- Instead of working for an additional million to your CEO’s annual bonus, you'll add millions of trees for the planet you live on
- Your work will be used daily by millions of people across the globe
- Eco-activism is not expected, but fully supported by the company
Grow your expertise!
- Become a member of a diverse, highly-skilled, multi-functional team that’s eager to collaborate and change the world
- Opportunities and support for you to advance your professional growth like monthly learning days, hack days and free book policy
- Entrepreneurial environment open for your ideas and initiatives
Balance work with other sides of your life!
- Outstanding flexibility in terms of working hours and location
- Two no-meeting days per week, open for periods of remote work
Get compensated well and fairly!
- A fair compensation package that reflects your skills and experience
- Subsidized public transport ticket, gym membership or your green-electricity bill
- More perks like weekly team breakfasts, free vegetarian/vegan snacks, and drinks
We recognize that you may need further development in some areas, and we encourage you to apply even if your profile does not meet all of the requirements for the role.
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical disability or length of time spent unemployed.