HR Generalist (f/m/x) (Full-time/Part-time 40-32 hours/week)
People & Culture /
Full-time / Part-time
Ecosia, the search engine that plants trees, is one of the world's largest social businesses and the first B Corporation in Germany. As part of our mission to cultivate a more environmentally, socially and economically sustainable world, we are planting and protecting forests by enabling people to channel their everyday actions into environmental good. So far our 15 million users have planted over 100 million trees. Our reach is expanding as we continue to grow and plant native and biodiverse trees worldwide!
We're looking for a passionate and solution-oriented HR Generalist to join our People team in Berlin. The People team supports +75 international team members, who work very hard towards our planet's regenerative future. Your mission will contribute to our organization's healthy growth by managing People projects that provide an amazing candidate and employee experience. This is a fantastic opportunity to become part of an inspiring cause with a tangible impact.
What you'll be doing:
- Learning & Development: Together with the People team members, you will develop an internal Learning & Development infrastructure to support our colleagues' development.
- Process Improvement: We are constantly improving our processes and making them more efficient and user-friendly. You will actively think of ways how to do things better.
- Talent Attraction: Support our recruiting team in finding future Ecosians through employer branding initiatives.
- People Operations: You keep personal data, HR records, and tools up-to-date and correct.
- Project Management: You will take part in different strategic people & culture projects with the possibility to lead them as well.
What you bring:
- You have 3+ years of Human Resources experience, ideally in rapid-growth tech companies.
- You have relevant experience in key HR areas (e.g., Talent Attraction, Learning & Development, Performance Management, etc.)
- You are not afraid of trying new HR approaches that contribute to providing an amazing Employee experience.
- You like doing things from scratch; are not afraid of taking risks, like learning from your mistakes and sharing your learnings with others.
- Your friends describe you as creative, pragmatic, trustworthy, approachable, empathetic, a good listener, and a great team player.
- You share our core values and care deeply about our mission.
- You speak and write English fluently (German is a plus but not required)
Bonus points for:
- You have experience in active sourcing and Employer branding, this would be a great add to the team.
- You have previous experience in managing projects and analyzing HR data.
- Want to know what it's like to work for Ecosia? Check out our info page.
- Learn more about Ecosia and what we stand for with these
We recognize that you may need further development in some areas, and we encourage you to apply even if your profile does not meet all of the requirements for the role. This should go without saying, but because it's very important to us, we would like to emphasize it again: all applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical disability or length of time spent unemployed.
What We Offer
Work for a purpose!
- Instead of working to earn an additional million to your CEO’s annual bonus, you'll add millions of trees for the planet.
- An entrepreneurial environment open to your ideas and initiatives.
- Become a member of a diverse, highly-skilled, multi-functional team that’s eager to collaborate and change the world.
- Subsidized public transport ticket, gym membership or your monthly green-electricity bill.
- Additional perks include weekly team lunches, free vegetarian/vegan snacks, and drinks.
- Available opportunities and support to advance your professional growth such as monthly learning days, hack days, and a free book policy
Diversity and inclusion are important for us and we are constantly working on improving it. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse workplace, where everyone, from any background, can do their best work. We are actively working on creating a workplace that promotes and values diversity in age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability and ethnicity. We stay true to our mission together with ensuring that our place can be anyone’s place.
We are constantly working on improving it and welcome feedback.
If you’re living with a disability, illness, and/or neurodiversity, feel free to let us know how we can adjust and support your application process. For instance, we can provide different tools, interview formats, or more time for assignments.