Social Media Manager
Berlin / (Remote during COVID-19) /
Marketing & Communications /
Ecosia, the search engine that plants trees, is one of the world's largest social businesses and the first B Corporation in Germany. As part of our mission to cultivate a more environmentally, socially and economically sustainable world, we want to reverse the tide of deforestation by planting a billion native trees. So far our 15 million users have planted over 100 million trees. Our reach is expanding as we continue to grow and plant trees worldwide!
Ecosia is looking for a creative, self-motivated and analytical social media manager to maintain and develop our strong brand presence on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Linkedin. A keen writer and storyteller, you will use these platforms to talk about our social business values and tree-planting projects in an engaging way. Our online community is one of the fastest-growing environmental movements worldwide, and you will nurture and mobilise this passionate following to spread the word about Ecosia and to fight the climate crisis.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Develop and lead the strategy for existing platforms, and explore and expand into new ones.
- Work closely with editorial and design teams to produce marketing campaigns and compelling content optimised for each social channel.
- Pitch agenda topics and editorial stories that have viral potential.
- Plan and execute multi-platform branding campaigns to drive acquisition.
- Write social media copy, blog articles and video scripts that captivate our audience of nearly 1.5 million followers.
- Manage a busy posting schedule and liaise with numerous stakeholders.
- Use social media analytics tools to monitor trends and report on organic performance.
- Manage and provide user support with particular focus on building and engaging with our strong online community.
- Collaborate with mobile and engagement teams on product copy.
- A digital native with vast experience in content marketing (or similar), and a minimum of 1-2 years experience working in social media.
- An English native level speaker or equivalent (C2 level) with impeccable written grammar skills is a MUST.
- Creative and full of ideas about how to bring Ecosia’s mission to millions of people.
- Passionate about environmental topics and informed about the climate crisis.
- A confident writer with sound editorial judgement.
- Analytical and able to use data to create and implement more effective strategies.
- Well versed in managing multiple projects.
- Motivated by people and are a natural at getting along with others.
- Self-motivated and you take initiative.
- Someone who enjoys building and engaging with online communities.
- Up to date with industry trends, challenges and new media.
- Flexible, agile, and can juggle multiple tasks with ease.
- Located in or willing to relocate to Berlin, Germany.
- Passionate for our core values and the way we work.
- Experience with paid social media marketing.
- French and/or German speaker.
- Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator skills.
- Familiar with CMS and basic HTML.
- Interested in visual storytelling, graphic design and/or photography.
- Understanding of emerging social platforms such as TikTok.
- Previous experience with push notifications and app copy.
WHAT WE OFFER
Work for a purpose!
- Instead of working to earn an additional million to your CEO’s annual bonus, you'll add millions of trees for the planet
- Your work will be used by millions of people across the globe daily
- Eco-activism is not expected, but it’s fully supported by the company
- Want to know what it's like to work for Ecosia? Check out: https://info.ecosia.org/about
- Learn more about Ecosia and what we stand for: https://blog.ecosia.org/is-ecosia-legit-10-q-a-with-ecosias-founder-and-ceo/
Grow your expertise!
- Become a member of a diverse, highly-skilled, multi-functional team that’s eager to collaborate and change the world
- Available opportunities and support to advance your professional growth such as monthly learning days, hack days, and a free book policy
- An entrepreneurial environment open to your ideas and initiatives
Balance work with other parts of your life!
- Outstanding flexibility in terms of working hours and location
- Two ‘no-meeting’ days per week and open for periods of remote work
- 30 vacation days
Get compensated well and fairly!
- A fair compensation package that reflects your skills and experience
- Subsidized public transport ticket, gym membership or your monthly green-electricity bill
- Additional perks include weekly team lunches, free vegetarian/vegan snacks, and drinks
We recognize that you may need further development in some areas, and we encourage you to apply even if your profile does not meet all of the requirements for the role.
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical disability or length of time spent unemployed.