Social Media Manager
Marketing & Communications
Ecosia, the search engine that plants trees, is one of the world's leading social businesses and the first B Corporation in Germany. As part of our mission to cultivate a more environmentally, socially and economically sustainable world, we want to reverse the tide of deforestation by planting a billion native trees. So far our 15 million users have planted over 80 million trees. Our reach is expanding in all means and we are growing and planting worldwide.
We are looking for a creative and analytical social media manager to join us in Berlin. It will be your role to maintain and develop our strong brand presence and community engagement on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Linkedin. A keen writer and storyteller, you will be an adept content creator, and able to use these platforms to talk about our social business values and tree-planting projects in an engaging way.
Our online community is one of the fastest-growing environmental movements worldwide, and you will nurture and mobilise this passionate following to spread the word about Ecosia and to fight the climate crisis. This is your opportunity to become part of a supportive, cross-functional team and have a positive impact with your work!
What you’ll do
- Manage a busy posting schedule and liaise with numerous stakeholders
- Work closely with editorial and design teams to produce compelling content optimised for each social channel
- Pitch agenda topics and editorial stories that have viral potential
- Use social media analytics tools to monitor trends and report on organic performance
- Write social media copy, blog articles and video scripts that captivate our audience of nearly 1.5 million followers
- User support with particular focus on building a strong online community
- Plan and execute multi-platform branding campaigns to drive acquisition
- Collaborate with mobile and engagement teams on product copy
What you bring
- Digital native with 1 - 2 years experience working in social media
- Fluent English speaker with excellent written grammar skills
- Creative and full of ideas about how to bring Ecosia’s mission to millions of people
- Passionate about environmental topics and informed about the climate crisis
- Confident writer with sound editorial judgement
- Analytical and able to use data to inform strategy
- Up to date with industry trends and challenges
- Flexible and agile, and can juggle multiple tasks with ease
- You are located in or willing to relocate to Berlin, Germany
- Passion for our core values and the way we work
- Other languages, particularly French or German, a strong plus
What we offer
Work for a purpose!
- Instead of working for an additional million to your CEO’s annual bonus, you'll add millions of trees for the planet you live on
- Your work will be used daily by millions of people across the globe
- Eco-activism is not expected, but fully supported by the company
Grow your expertise!
- Become a member of a diverse, highly-skilled, multi-functional team that’s eager to collaborate and change the world
- Opportunities and support for you to advance your professional growth like monthly learning days, hack days and free book policy
- Entrepreneurial environment open for your ideas and initiatives
Balance work with other sides of your life!
- Outstanding flexibility in terms of working hours and location
- Two no-meeting days per week, open for periods of remote work
- 30 vacation days
Get compensated well and fairly!
- A fair compensation package that reflects your skills and experience
- Subsidized public transport ticket, gym membership or your green-electricity bill
- More perks like weekly team breakfasts, free vegetarian/vegan snacks, and drinks
We recognize that you may need further development in some areas, and we encourage you to apply even if your profile does not meet all of the requirements for the role.
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical disability or length of time spent unemployed.