Senior Software Engineer (Front End)
Marlborough, MA /
About the Company
At Edacious, we believe food should be plentiful AND nutritious. As the impacts of yield-obsessed food production on human and environmental health become clear, the ability to measure nutrition as easily as we measure yield becomes critical. Why? The most nutritious food is also the most flavorful and sustainable. Our mission is nutritional transparency, and our vision is to shift the food system so it may better serve consumers, producers, and our planet.
We are chemists, engineers, and systems-thinkers. We create novel hardware, software, and analysis tools for producers to understand the factors that produce more nutritious food and for buyers to know the nutritional quality of the food they buy. We are looking for teammates who are passionate about food, the food system, and human or environmental health!
About the Role
As the first front-end engineer, you set the UI/UX foundations for Edacious' web apps. You write code with autonomy and purpose. You engage in debate about design criteria and viable solutions. You collaborate across several disciplines, acquiring domain knowledge in agriculture, biochemistry, business, statistics, hardware, and software. You create value throughout the food chain with intuitive products. You may work remotely with only occasional required visits to the lab in Marlborough, MA, the Boston metro area, or agreeable team locations.
- Salary: $100-180k, depending on qualifications and experience
- Equity: 0.1-0.5%, depending on qualifications, experience, and salary
- Benefits: health, vision, and dental insurance, 401k plan, and unlimited PTO
- 5+ years of professional experience as a front-end developer
- Familiarity with new product development processes
- You must be eligible for work in the US
- Ideally, you also have experience building data visualization apps
What to Expect
- A 30-minute screening call with the hiring manager to assess mutual interest
- Based on level, a skill assessment (nothing live) and/or technical presentation
- A 45–60-minute follow-up interview with the hiring manager
- A 30–45-minute interview with the CEO
- Up to two reference phone calls
- An offer decision, the choice to visit the lab, and reasonable time to accept
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Diversity is the foundation of life and has created this beautiful world we live in. Just as nature has shown us the importance of diversity in biology, it is critical to build this diversity into our social structures. To the extent that we can build communities and teams that work in symbiotic and constructive ways, contributing to greater levels of productivity and resilience, the more successful we will be. We wish to attract diverse individuals in experience, perspective, and culture. Our company must represent the broader global food system if we are to be successful in this endeavor and so we seek to recruit and build teams that represent the beautiful diversity of people and life present on this planet.