Marlborough, MA /
About the Company
At Edacious, we believe food should be plentiful AND nutritious. As the impacts of yield-obsessed food production on human and environmental health become clear, the ability to measure nutrition as easily as we measure yield becomes critical. Why? The most nutritious food is also the most flavorful and sustainable. Our mission is nutritional transparency, and our vision is to shift the food system so it may better serve consumers, producers, and our planet.
We are chemists, engineers, and systems-thinkers. We create novel hardware, software, and analysis tools for producers to understand the factors that produce more nutritious food and for buyers to know the nutritional quality of the food they buy. We are looking for teammates who are passionate about food, the food system, and human or environmental health!
The Lab Technician is responsible for the day-to-day operation of the core laboratory instruments, analysis of food types, performing routine laboratory maintenance, keeping a record of chemical inventory including MSDS, and assisting with background research and method development. A successful candidate will be working closely with the Senior Analytical Chemist and Senior Researcher.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Support laboratory management including all lab processes from receiving, processing, analyzing, and storing including developing analysis reports in a timely and organized manner.
- Perform complete analyses of test methods and standard operating and safety procedures.
- Assist in method development for analyzing new materials and compounds, investigate modifications to improve current methods for new product matrices, and verify new or altered methods that are appropriate for intended use.
- Participate in calibration, maintenance and ensure proper operation of instruments used in the test methods.
- Document all lab reports in compliance with company policy as well as complete proficiency and other training requirements and document all completed training.
- Assist in review of methods and standard operating procedures
- Complete cleaning assignments, waste disposal, equipment checks, ordering supplies, and chemical inventory, as required, and document completed tasks in the appropriate logbooks.
You ideally have the following:
- College degree in Chemistry or other scientific discipline
- Preferred candidate will have previous experience working in a science laboratory operating analytical instruments
- Demonstrated technical skills and ability to follow oral and written directions
- Demonstrates appropriate use of relevant equipment after training
- Experience and prior knowledge of laboratory safety practices
- Ability to work with small vials, test tubes and delicate laboratory equipment
- Ability to apply basic algebraic concepts to perform basic laboratory calculations and accurately measure substances, liquids and/or solutions
- Ability to read and apply established protocols and SOP’s to daily objectives
- Ability to communicate effectively in both written and verbal formats
- Ability to work independently at a variety of tasks
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills and a curious mind
Salary & Benefits:
- Salary: $65,000-85,000 depending on qualifications, experience, and equity
- Benefits: health, vision, and dental insurance, 401k plan, and unlimited PTO
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Diversity is the foundation of life and has created this beautiful world we live in. Just as nature has shown us the importance of diversity in biology, it is critical to build this diversity into our social structures. To the extent that we can build communities and teams that work in symbiotic and constructive ways, contributing to greater levels of productivity and resilience, the more successful we will be. We wish to attract diverse individuals in experience, perspective, and culture. Our company must represent the broader global food system if we are to be successful in this endeavor and so we seek to recruit and build teams that represent the beautiful diversity of people and life present on this planet.