Care Delivery – Physical Therapy Delivery /
Full Time /
About Eden Health:
Eden Health provides simple, tech-enabled primary care for employers and their teams. Our users enjoy immediate access to care over the Eden Health app, in our private clinics, and directly in their offices. We have transformed healthcare from an unpleasant necessity to a delightful experience focused on improving the lives of patients. The proof is in the outcomes; when companies work with us they have healthier workforces, increased productivity, and reduced healthcare costs.
What you will be doing:
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a physical therapist providing patient care at an onsite health center in Chicago, Illinois. You will provide excellent clinical care for our patients. You will work alongside medical doctors, physician assistants, and nurse practitioners in a collaborative care environment.
As a Physical Therapist at Eden Health, you will be empowered to provide the best care for patients without needing to optimize for insurance revenue. Our focus is on providing the best care for patients at the right place and time. Smaller patient panels allow for a more individualized and specialized approach; they also open up opportunities to create and implement new initiatives that improve the quality of care. The work environment is collaborative with a heavy emphasis on technology to enable a streamlined and elevated experience.
The person hired for the Physical Therapist position would partner with new and ongoing patients in our facility to plan, prepare, and carry out individually designed programs of physical treatment to maintain, improve or restore physical functioning, alleviate pain, and prevent physical dysfunction in patients. This practice will be integrated with Eden Health’s primary care and mental health practice and you can expect to work collaboratively with those teams. You will show interest in leveraging in-person and virtual care delivery models, are excited to go above and beyond for their patients, and be passionate about a patient-centered approach to care.
Department - Physical Therapy
Report to - Senior Manager of Physical Therapy
No management of any employees
Location of the role - 2 locations (1 main location - more pm shifts and one Friday shift; 2nd location is more flexible)
What Success Looks Like
- Working on a multidisciplinary team creating a new approach to physical health and wellness
- Performing and documenting an initial exam, evaluating the data to identify problems, and determining the form of treatment prior to intervention according to APTA standards of practice, as well as Eden Health best practices
- Administering one-on-one manual techniques, mobilization and manipulation, manual soft tissue techniques and/or traction to help relieve pain; correct use of neuromuscular re-education and therapeutic exercises to increase the patient's strength, and decrease or prevent deformity and crippling in an in-office physical therapy setting and/or telehealth format
- Providing educational information about physical therapy, injury prevention, return-to-sport programs, ergonomics for at home and in-office, and ways to promote health
- Developing a treatment plan that is patient-centric based on initial and ongoing evaluations including short and long term goals and collaboration of other team members
- Implementing a treatment plan on a consistent schedule and adjusting this schedule and plan according to patient progress
- Evaluating mobility, strength and current level of patient function, while setting goals to improve in these areas that are scaled to patient abilities and realistically attainable
- Participating in ongoing clinical education through clinical quality reviews, case studies, and manual/evaluative seminars for continuing education
- Reporting ongoing condition progress to patient and develop strong relationships with other clinical team members, as well as collaboration with cross-functional colleagues at Eden Health
- Effectively using technology platforms including Eden Health’s telehealth messaging app, cloud-based EHR, Google suite applications and video conferencing
What you will bring
- At least 4+ years experience as a physical therapist
- Master's with Fellow track or Doctoral degree from an accredited program in Physical Therapy. Manual therapy certification is preferred. Fellow or Fellow-track in manual therapy is highly preferred.
- Active Illinois state license (other state licenses are a plus)
- A passion for patients and for delivering high quality care
- Proven record of matching patient needs to treatment plans and proven record of implementing these plans
- Experience collaborating with primary care providers
- Knowledge of responsible use of facility equipment, best practices for equipment use and preventative maintenance procedures
- Experience with sports training and return to sport rehabilitation for upper and lower-extremity athletes is highly recommended
- Recent orthopedic experience is preferred
- Experience recommending assistive equipment to patients and designing at-home follow-up programs
- Experience with a wide range of patient age groups and conditions
- Experience with evaluating office ergonomics and knowing how to individualize the needs of the office staff of a diverse body frame
$90,100 - $95,400 a year
The base salary range for this role is 90,100 to 95,400 and is determined based on experience, geography, and qualifications. The base salary is one component of the total compensation package, which includes equity, PTO, and other benefits.
Our systems do not allow offshore access of Protected Health Information; therefore, this role must be performed from the U.S. at all times. While most Eden Health positions are remote-first, we are a company that values building trusted relationships. To achieve this we have programming and events which require us to be in person, including team and company-wide meetings. To ensure everyone's safety, we require all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID -19, subject to reasonable accommodations for medical conditions or sincerely held religious beliefs. If you have additional questions, your Talent Partner will be able to answer them.
Eden Health is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all applicants from every background and life experience without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Please note: Eden Health interview requests and job offers only originate from edenhealth.com email addresses (e.g. email@example.com). All Eden Health interviews are conducted via Zoom or Google Meet meetings. Eden Health will never ask for bank information (e.g. account and routing number), social security numbers, passwords, or other sensitive information to be delivered via email. If you receive a scam email or wish to report a security issue involving Eden Health, please notify us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.