Mental Health Clinician
New York, New York
About Eden Health
Eden Health is a fast-growing enhanced primary care practice designed to elevate the health and wellbeing of employees everywhere. Integrating local, in-person primary and mental healthcare with 24/7 virtual care, Eden Health strives to be the world’s most loved primary care practice. With Eden, employers and employees get a dedicated Care Team of best-in-class doctors, clinicians, and insurance experts who deliver a convenient, coordinated, and compassionate healthcare experience. We have transformed healthcare from an unpleasant necessity to a delightful experience focused on improving the lives of patients. The proof is in the outcomes; when companies work with us, they have healthier workforces, increased productivity, and reduced healthcare costs.
What you will do:
As a Mental Health Clinician, you will provide comprehensive mental health treatment in a direct primary care setting utilizing the Collaborative Care model. You will work closely with our medical providers (doctors, physician assistants, nurse practitioners) and a consulting psychiatrist to ensure the best treatment possible for our patients. We are looking for an empathetic, energetic, and collaborative clinician with experience and/or interest in working with a population of busy professionals and their dependents. You will work with a talented mix of colleagues across various disciplines in a growing company. You will have the opportunity to make an impact on the growth and direction of our mental health program from both clinical and administrative perspectives.
What success looks like
- Manage a full-time caseload of patients engaged in short-term mental health treatment, including correspondence, scheduling, and care coordination with both internal team (medical providers, clinical associates) and external providers.
- Perform initial assessments and risk assessments, flagging as necessary to the medical team.
- Utilizing PHQ-9 and GAD-7 screening instruments (and others as necessary), to evaluate treatment progress, treatment planning and review.
- Consult weekly with psychiatrist to determine medication recommendations and follow-ups.
- Communicate information effectively and collaborate with both prescribers and patients.
- Monitor patient progress and communicate follow ups to psychiatrist as necessary.
- Assist in referral processes as needed; such as determining when patients need a higher level of care than primary care can provide.
- Develop strong relationships with other clinical team members, as well as collaboration with cross-functional colleagues at Eden Health.
- Participate in Eden Health company meetings and initiatives.
- Liaise with partner companies, including, but not limited to, outreach efforts, events.
- Effective use of technology platforms including Eden Health’s tele-health messaging app, cloud-based EHR, Google suite applications and video conferencing.
What you will bring
- 3-5 years of postgraduate experience providing psychotherapy to diverse populations, including diagnosis, case formulation and treatment planning
- LCSW or LMHC licensure in New York State Comfort utilizing evidence-based practices (CBT, MI, etc)
- Knowledge of common psychotropic medications
- Knowledge of mental health service delivery levels in NYC
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Intellectual curiosity, a sense of humor and humility are a must
- Team player, flexible and understanding of the startup work environment. Experience in a fast-paced office environment a plus.
- Excellent time management skills a must
Why Eden Health?
- Fast-growing startup backed by leading venture capital firms Greycroft, 645 Ventures, PJC and others
- Exciting product in one of the largest and fastest growing markets in the country
- Mission-driven culture passionate about improving access to healthcare for employees and their families
- Competitive salary and equity compensation package
- Great benefits including medical, dental, vision insurance, and commuter benefits
- Generous PTO, healthy snacks, and regular happy hours
- Awesome team with a great camaraderie - we work hard and have lots of fun!
Eden Health is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all applicants from every background and life experience without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Please note: Eden Health interview requests and job offers only originate from edenhealth.com email addresses (e.g. email@example.com). Eden Health will also never ask for bank information (e.g. account and routing number), social security numbers, passwords, or other sensitive information to be delivered via email. If you receive a scam email or wish to report a security issue involving Eden Health, please notify us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.