Jersey City, New Jersey /
Clinical Care /
About Eden Health
Eden Health provides simple, tech-enabled primary care sold directly to employers. Our users enjoy immediate access to care over the Eden Health app, in our private clinics, and directly in their offices. We have transformed healthcare from an unpleasant necessity to a delightful experience focused on improving the lives of patients. The proof is in the outcomes; when companies work with us they have healthier workforces, increased productivity, and reduced healthcare costs.
What you will be doing
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a physical therapist providing patient care at an onsite health center in Berkeley Heights, New Jersey. First and foremost, you will provide excellent clinical care for our patients. You will work alongside medical doctors, physician assistants and nurse practitioners in a collaborative care environment. As a Physical Therapist at Eden Health, you will be empowered to provide the best care for patients without needing to optimize for insurance revenue.
You will partner with new and ongoing patients in our facility to plan, prepare, and carry out individually designed programs of physical treatment to maintain, improve or restore physical functioning, alleviate pain, and prevent physical dysfunction in patients. This practice located in Berkeley Heights, NJ will be integrated with Eden Health’s primary care and mental health practice. You will show interest in leveraging in-person and virtual care delivery models, excited to go above and beyond for their patients, and passionate about a patient-centered approach to care.
What success looks like
- Work on a multidisciplinary team creating a new approach to health and wellness
- Perform and document an initial exam, evaluating the data to identify problems and determine the form of treatment prior to intervention according to APTA standards of practice, as well as Eden Health best practices
- Administer one-on-one manual exercises, massage, and/or traction to help relieve pain, increase the patient's strength, and decrease or prevent deformity and crippling in an in-office physical therapy setting
- Provide educational information about physical therapy, injury prevention, ergonomics, and ways to promote health.
- Develop a treatment plan that is patient-centric based on initial and ongoing evaluations including short and long term goals and collaboration of other team members
- Implement a treatment plan on a consistent schedule and adjust this schedule and plan according to patient progress
- Evaluate mobility, strength and current level of patient function, while setting goals to improve in these areas that are scaled to patient abilities and realistically attainable
- Participate in ongoing clinical education through clinical quality reviews and case studies
- Report ongoing condition progress to patient and develop strong relationships with other clinical team members, as well as collaboration with cross-functional colleagues at Eden Health
- Effective use of technology platforms including Eden Health’s telehealth messaging app, cloud-based EHR, Google suite applications and video conferencing
What you will bring
- Master's or Doctoral degree from an accredited program in Physical Therapy
- Active NJ state license (other state licenses are a plus)
- A passion for patients and for delivering high quality care
- At least 5 years experience as a physical therapist
- Proven record of matching patient needs to treatment plans and proven record of implementing these plans
- Experience collaborating with primary care providers
- Knowledge of responsible use of facility equipment, best practices for equipment use and preventative maintenance procedures
- Experience recommending assistive equipment to patients and designing at-home follow-up programs
- Experience with a wide range of patient age groups and conditions
- Experience with patients working in the financial services industry is a plus
- The McKenzie Institute Mechanical Diagnosis and Therapy (MDT) Certified is a plus
- Experience with evaluating office ergonomics and knowing how to individualize the needs for office staff of a diverse body frame
Why Eden Health?
- Fast-growing startup backed by leading venture capital firms Greycroft, 645 Ventures, PJC and others
- Exciting product in one of the largest and fastest growing markets in the country
- Mission-driven culture passionate about improving access to healthcare for employees and their families
- Competitive salary and equity compensation package
- Great benefits including medical, dental, vision insurance, and commuter benefits
- Generous PTO, healthy snacks, and regular happy hours
- Awesome team with a great camaraderie - we work hard and have lots of fun!
Eden Health is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all applicants from every background and life experience without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Please note: Eden Health interview requests and job offers only originate from edenhealth.com email addresses (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org). Eden Health will never ask for bank information (e.g. account and routing number), social security numbers, passwords, or other sensitive information to be delivered via email. If you receive a scam email or wish to report a security issue involving Eden Health, please notify us at: email@example.com.