New York, New York /
About Eden Health
Eden Health provides simple, tech-enabled primary care sold directly to employers. Our users enjoy immediate access to care over the Eden Health app, in our private clinics, and directly in their offices. We have transformed healthcare from an unpleasant necessity to a delightful experience focused on improving the lives of patients. The proof is in the outcomes; when companies work with us they have healthier workforces, increased productivity, and reduced healthcare costs.
What you will be doing:
As a Staff Accountant at Eden Health, you will be working amongst a lean but passionate Finance team that is responsible for the Company’s financial planning, reporting and controls, business strategy, cash management, accounting, auditing, and taxes. This role will require you to be a knowledgeable and resourceful member of the Accounting team who supports the day-to-day while working cross-functionally across the organization as you support key financial processes that continually support and enable all areas of the business and its rapid growth. We are looking for a driven, reliable, and self-starting Staff Accountant who works extremely well with others and wants to be part of the journey of transforming how people experience healthcare and ultimately live healthier lives. This role reports into the Accounting Manager.
What success looks like
- Play an integral role in the day-to-day operations of the Finance function, including accounting, A/R, A/P, cash management, expense management, payroll, and internal controls and recordkeeping
- Perform month-end close activities such as bank reconciliations and journal entries, including payroll allocation, stock based compensation, prepaid expenses, fixed assets, deferred revenue, intercompany transactions, and inventory
- Assist with financial reporting for presentation to internal leadership and external stakeholders
- Support annual financial statement audits performed by an independent public accounting firm, which includes preparation and oversight of audit-ready financial statements and supporting workpapers
- Support revenue growth via new customer onboarding and contract management
- Manage vendor onboarding, invoice approval, and invoice payment processes
- Work with outside CPAs to maintain tax compliance calendar
- Assist in the formation of internal controls and policies
- Encouraged to be on the lookout for broken processes throughout the Finance function and seek to improve continuously by identifying opportunities for standardization, automation, and outsourcing
- Partake in ad hoc accounting or finance projects and analyses, as assigned
What you will bring
- 1-3 years of Accounting experience (mix of public accounting and SaaS startup experience a plus, but not required)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Active CPA license or actively on track to obtain licensure
- Solid foundation of U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Thrives on collaboration and operates with a strong internal stakeholder mentality
- Uncanny organizational skills and the ability and drive to solve complex problems every day
- Expert multitasker and self-prioritizer
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the proven ability to communicate effectively both within the Finance department and cross-functionally
- Strives for excellence but solves for the bigger picture
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Experience working with NetSuite a plus
Why Eden Health
- Fast-growing startup backed by leading venture capital firms Greycroft, 645 Ventures, PJC and others
- Exciting product in one of the largest and fastest growing markets in the country
- Mission-driven culture passionate about improving access to healthcare for employees and their families
- Competitive salary and equity compensation package
- Great benefits including medical, dental, vision insurance, and commuter benefits
- Generous PTO, healthy snacks, and regular happy hours
- Awesome team with a great camaraderie - we work hard and have lots of fun!
Eden Health is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all applicants from every background and life experience without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Please note: Eden Health interview requests and job offers only originate from edenhealth.com email addresses (e.g. email@example.com). Eden Health will never ask for bank information (e.g. account and routing number), social security numbers, passwords, or other sensitive information to be delivered via email. If you receive a scam email or wish to report a security issue involving Eden Health, please notify us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.