Senior Mobile Software Engineer
New York, New York
About Eden Health
Eden Health provides simple, tech-enabled primary care sold directly to employers. Our users enjoy immediate access to care over the Eden Health app, in our private clinics, and directly in their offices. We have transformed healthcare from an unpleasant necessity to a delightful experience focused on improving the lives of patients. The proof is in the outcomes; when companies work with us they have healthier workforces, increased productivity, and reduced healthcare costs.
What you will be doing
We are looking for curious, pragmatic and capable engineers who want to see the outcome of their work help people. You will join a small team of full stack engineers that is laying the foundation of Eden Health’s future. Our engineers work closely with our product, design and clinical teams to identify problems and build effective solutions.
You will join in on ownership of the engineering discipline: working to build not only our products, but our culture and processes. You will not be hesitant to jump in and fix things because you take responsibility for sustainable engineering. Technical problem solving appeals to you, but you will also create space for your colleagues to demonstrate the same. We all learn and grow to achieve goals that can never fit in a job description.
What success looks like
- Join the Product Engineering team as a seasoned mobile engineer to build and improve our mobile software on both Android and iOS.
- Help the team define and maintain engineering processes that let us develop quickly while keeping a high threshold for quality — including writing tests, technical documentation and mobile application build systems.
- Routinely ship high quality software that helps simplify healthcare for our patients and clinicians.
- Engage in the entire lifecycle of product engineering, including (but not limited to) sprint planning, retrospectives, on-call rotation and deploying software.
- Learn and improve from both qualitative and quantitative measures.
- Build an understanding of our business and our unique approach to healthcare so that your technical decisions impact the course of the company.
- Help establish Eden Health as a professional, high quality engineering organization through contributions to open source, blogs, conference talks, etc.
What you will bring
- You are capable of working collaboratively in our mobile application (React and React Native on the frontend and Clojure on the back-end).
- You set a high bar for technical excellence, and you want to help your peers achieve it.
- You are able to anticipate technical and operational risks and can help mitigate them.
- You have depth with one or more mobile platform and you have experience shipping into production.
- You are comfortable working with one or more back-end language or framework to refine APIs.
- You have several approaches to debugging, maintaining and improving mobile software.
- You seek simple answers to complicated questions.
Why Eden Health?
- Fast-growing startup backed by leading venture capital firms Greycroft, 645 Ventures, PJC and others
- Exciting product in one of the largest and fastest growing markets in the country
- Mission-driven culture passionate about improving access to healthcare for employees and their families
- Competitive salary and equity compensation package
- Great benefits including medical, dental, vision insurance, and commuter benefits
- Generous PTO, healthy snacks, and regular happy hours
- Awesome team with a great comraderie - we work hard and have lots of fun!
Eden Health is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all applicants from every background and life experience without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Please note: Eden Health interview requests and job offers only originate from edenhealth.com email addresses (e.g. email@example.com). Eden Health will also never ask for bank information (e.g. account and routing number), social security numbers, passwords, or other sensitive information to be delivered via email. If you receive a scam email or wish to report a security issue involving Eden Health, please notify us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.