Director of Psychiatry
New York, New York
About Eden Health
Eden Health provides simple, tech-enabled primary care sold directly to employers. Our users enjoy immediate access to care over the Eden Health app, in our private clinics, and directly in their offices. We have transformed healthcare from an unpleasant necessity to a delightful experience focused on improving the lives of patients. The proof is in the outcomes; when companies work with us they have healthier workforces, increased productivity, and reduced healthcare costs.
What you will be doing
As the Director of Psychiatry at Eden Health, you will be responsible for developing our Mental Health Program for in-person and virtual care across all 50 states. This program development is a cross-functional initiative in partnership with our Technology and Clinical Operations teams. You will be providing clinical oversight and supervision to Behavioral Health Clinicians (e.g. LCSW’s) and co-managing patients with our primary care providers while serving as a thought leader in the mental health space.
What success looks like
- Provide supervision to Behavioral Health Clinicians, including feedback, oversight, guidance, and direction on cases, treatment planning, interventions, clinical practice, and documentation on a weekly cadence
- Strategize with Clinical Team and Product Team regarding the build-out of the practice’s collaborative care program for psychiatric services
- Be available for consultation, assessment, and evaluation when the Behavioral Health Clinicians are rendering professional services, especially emergency triage when necessary.
- Provide individual patient evaluations when necessary
- Provide education and consultation to medical providers, including guidance in prescribing psychiatric medication, medication best practices, and treating psychiatric disorders in a primary care setting.
- Supervise up to five (5) Behavioral Health Clinicians in performance and activities
- Collaborate with the rest of the clinical team as needed and appropriate to mitigate challenges and troubleshoot workflow issues
- Participate in interviewing and evaluating clinician candidates as required.
- Provide domain expertise and feedback to help Product Team design and implement a collaborative care program for virtual psychiatric services
- Provide feedback and contribute to the following: templates for psychiatric documentation, standard billing procedures that are validated and tested with insurance partners, standard operating procedures between collaborative care members
- Create and maintain a robust referral network of psychiatric and behavioral health providers via various networking events
What you will bring
- MD or DO degree with a license to practice medicine in New York State (additional states a huge plus)
- Board Certification in Adult Psychiatry or Board Eligible
- Completion of an ACGME-approved Psychiatry residency training program
- 5+ years practicing
- Demonstrated interest and clinical experience in psychiatric and substance use Disorder diagnosis/treatment
- Experience conducting evidence-based treatments in group, virtual, and individual modalities
- Experience working in Collaborative Care models
- Familiarity with low and high-risk populations, community settings, and care of medical patients
- Experience with clinical oversight and development of LCSW’s and LMHC’s
- Thought leader who can articulate and help build an effective and efficient program and contribute to Eden Health’s brand
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
Why Eden Health?
- Fast-growing startup backed by leading venture capital firms Greycroft, 645 Ventures, PJC and others
- Exciting product in one of the largest and fastest growing markets in the country
- Mission-driven culture passionate about improving access to healthcare for employees and their families
- Competitive salary and equity compensation package
- Great benefits including medical, dental, vision insurance, and commuter benefits
- Generous PTO, healthy snacks, and regular happy hours
- Awesome team with a great camaraderie - we work hard and have lots of fun!
Eden Health is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all applicants from every background and life experience without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Please note: Eden Health interview requests and job offers only originate from edenhealth.com email addresses (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org). Eden Health will never ask for bank information (e.g. account and routing number), social security numbers, passwords, or other sensitive information to be delivered via email. If you receive a scam email or wish to report a security issue involving Eden Health, please notify us at: email@example.com.