Project Manager, Propel Center
Atlanta, GA /
Growth – Facilities /
Ed Farm seeks a Project Manager to serve as the primary project manager for its Propel Center building. The Propel Center will serve as a catalytic epicenter of learning that provides HBCU students with the knowledge, skills, tools, and resources necessary to transform our nation’s talent pipeline and workforce. Via a physical campus in Atlanta, Georgia and digital learning tools, hundreds of students from all 101 HBCUs will have the opportunity to connect with the brightest minds in the world on their way to becoming civic-minded leaders and entrepreneurs. The Project Manager will manage all aspects of the Propel Center project including building construction, program planning, partnerships, operations, marketing, and communications.
- Coordinate internal resources and external partnerships for the flawless execution of Propel projects and programs
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring feasibility
- Work with the Ed Farm team and our funding partners to develop detailed project plans to monitor and track progress
- Predict resources needed to reach project objectives and manage resources in an effective and efficient manner
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule, and project costs as necessary
- Report and escalate to management as necessary
- Establish and maintain relationships with external vendors, stakeholders, and corporate partners
- Track project performance, specifically to analyze the successful completion of short and long term goals
- Provide project updates on a consistent basis to various stakeholders about strategy, adjustments, and progress
- Develop spreadsheets diagrams and process maps to document project needs
- Utilize industry best practices, techniques, and standards throughout entire project execution
Knowledge and Skills
- High school diploma or equivalent required; college degree preferred
- 5-8 years experience working in a professional office environment
- Background and/or education in project management and project execution
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred
- Proven ability to complete projects according to an outlined scope, budget, and timeline
- Knowledge of and proficiency with office productivity suites such as iWork
- Knowledge of and proficiency with project management software tools (Asana preferred), methodologies (Agile preferred), and best practices
- Experience supporting an an office of 10-30 full-time employees
- Willingness to take on new responsibilities as they arise
- Skilled communicator, both internally and externally
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and extremely resourceful
- Reliable, organized, and proactive
- Willingness to work night or weekends and events
- Must be willing and able to handle sensitive information in a confidential manner
Compensation & Benefits
Ed Farm provides employees competitive compensation packages which include: competitive salary or base pay, up to 100% employer-paid health, dental, and vision coverage, and an employer-matched 401(k) retirement savings plan.
We are committed to promoting a sustainable work-life balance, and provide time away from work policies that respect employees' personal time while also improving workplace efficiency and productivity. Ed Farm encourages staff to limit after-hours communications and provides unlimited paid time off each year; we also provide flexible and remote work arrangements and ample paid family leave for parents and caregivers.
Ed Farm, as an organization, values work that promotes diversity, cultural understanding, and global awareness by using digital-age communication and collaboration tools to interact locally and globally with students, peers, parents, and the larger community. We are a team of individuals who are passionate about education. We believe that diversity of culture, backgrounds, opinions, and abilities is vital to our work, and our team welcomes anyone willing to build community through collaboration. Ed Farm works to eliminate all forms of disparity and discrimination, including those based upon an individual's ethnicity, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, belief, religion, faith, culture, level of ability, or socio-economic background. Diversity and inclusion are vital to bringing accessibility and equity to education, entrepreneurial, and tech workspaces everywhere.
Successful candidates will be required to undergo a pre-employment criminal history background check with fingerprinting. Ed Farm is an equal opportunity employer committed to student success. We seek applications from all qualified persons who share this goal, including minorities, women, persons with disabilities and members of other protected groups.