Ed Farm Success Coach
Birmingham, AL /
Ed Farm – Economic Mobility /
Ed Farm seeks to recruit Part-Time Student Success Coaches for the Ed Farm Pathways to Technology program, Ed Farm’s signature workforce development program. We are looking for experienced and passionate champions for adult learners who have demonstrated success in facilitating outstanding educational and life outcomes for low-income students from diverse backgrounds. We seek team players who are energized by a startup environment, love the agility and problem solving that come with that environment, and enjoy engaging as part of a collaborative team.
- Deliver student mentoring and guidance services to a cohort of adult learners in our Pathways to Technology program
- Provide case management to a cohort of adult learners, ensuring they make progress towards and meet the college and career readiness competencies
- Engage with lead teachers, assistant teachers, and other staff as needed to monitor student success in coursework
- For the young adult learner cohort, facilitate a College/Career Readiness seminar weekly and collaborate with the programs team to provide feedback on and iterate on these sessions
- Manage student attendance and retention
- Coordinate provision of student services from community partners as needed
- Regularly engage with parents/guardians and family members for young adult learners
- Participate in and lead some student recruitment activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Prior experience in education, advising, and/or social work, preferably at the postsecondary level or secondary level.
- Demonstrated success in supporting the achievement of adult learners from diverse backgrounds.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate with a diverse group of students and staff.
- Demonstrated sensitivity in working with students and staff of diverse racial, ethnic, academic, and socio-economic backgrounds, sexual orientation, and disabilities by showing respect for differences and the dignity of others.
- Bachelor’s Degree from a regionally-accredited college
Student Success Coach Qualifications:
Ed Farm, as an organization, values work that promotes diversity, cultural understanding, and global awareness by using digital-age communication and collaboration tools to interact locally and globally with students, peers, parents, and the larger community. We are a team of individuals who are passionate about education. We believe that diversity of culture, backgrounds, opinions, and abilities is vital to our work, and our team welcomes anyone willing to build community through collaboration. Ed Farm works to eliminate all forms of disparity and discrimination, including those based upon an individual's ethnicity, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, belief, religion, faith, culture, level of ability, or socio-economic background. Diversity and inclusion are vital to bringing accessibility and equity to education, entrepreneurial, and tech workspaces everywhere.
Successful candidates will be required to undergo a pre-employment criminal history background check with fingerprinting. Ed Farm is an equal opportunity employer committed to student success. We seek applications from all qualified persons who share this goal, including minorities, women, persons with disabilities and members of other protected groups.